Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Candlelight Tea at church.


This was an event at our church where women volunteered to decorate their table in a Christmas decor and prepare coffee, tea and desserts for those invited to sit at their table. Karen (right) decorated our table in beautiful Christmas decor and had Hungarian moon cake and pumpkin roll. My sister made a pumpkin pie.
My Mom felt well enough to attend which was extra special. Of course, she wanted to hear her grandson play the piano.
This is my sister and I.

AJ was able to play the piano for music during our Christmas Candlelight Tea at church. He played Carol of the Bells, Canon in D and Fur Elise. He is getting so good at the piano he is starting to improvise which will be a benefit when he tries out for the jazz band in 8th. He is the only one in band who plays the piano so I hope the part will be his. This year he is playing the baritone sax in the jazz band.

8 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a nice night it was. everyone looks so pretty and it is so cool that AJ uses his talents for the LORD everytime he is asked.

LisaShaw said...

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us and love the photos. You and your sister look so much alike.

Blessing to you and your family in Jesus Name dear sister.

Debbie Petras said...

I was so glad to see a post up today Lisa. I've missed you. You and your sis look so much alike. And AJ looks very comfortable in front of that piano. It's wonderful to see him playing for this event. I'm sure you're a proud mama.

Sending love and hugs to you,
Debbie

Denise said...

I loved the pictures sweet friend.

Beth in NC said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm so glad your Mom was able to join you!

Blessings & hugs!
Beth

Mikki said...

What a nice idea. Looks like you had a great time!
You and your sis look a lot alike :-_)

LisaShaw said...

Dear Sister, returned to say Merry CHRISTmas and blessed New Year to you and your precious family before I take some blog time off.

Love and prayers.

More Than Words said...

That is so sweet!!! I love going to the womens tea's at church too.

I can't believe how grown up your son is looking there!!