Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Just A Few Things



AJ has just taken on the responsibility of cutting the grass so the girls caught Joel following in his footsteps and it made us all laugh.

My Mom and Dad are still in the hospital, my mom had two emergency surgeries because the mesh that was put in place to support her hernia perforated (put a hole in) her bladder. She had pure blood in her urine so she had to go back into surgery to get that repaired. She is doing well and my Dad is in good spirits too.

It was hard for me last night because AJ and Emily had their piano recital and the two people that care and love to go the most could not be there and when I walked into the church at the start of the recital their piano teacher gave me a big hug and it was so hard to fight back the tears. If I have learned something it is this:

My parents have always put God First and He is taking care of them now. He has shown me His faithfulness to those who love Him and diligently seek Him. My tears are not of sorrow, my tears come from the realization that God has been there for my parents and if it were not for Him guiding every one's footsteps my parents would not be alive.
My sister MADE my mother go to the ER, the nursing home sent my Dad to the hospital because they suspected he was ill, the surgeon who was canceled to see my mother based on a negative CT Scan decided to check her out physically anyway.....
All these events God controlled, my Dad was 2 units low in blood, my mom had an incarcerated bowel...both could have died at their age and current physical condition.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed and sent me encouraging comments, I love you all and Thank You Jesus for being there, for giving us your mercy and taking care of us and for answering prayer.

BTW, for the Fab & Fit, I am down 5.4 pounds for the first week.....yeah!!!!!

12 comments:

Denise said...

God is so good. I love reading this wonderful news about your parents. I love that picture, lol Woo Hoo, you go girl, congrats on your weight loss. I love you.

Andrea said...

Praising GOD with you for the healing and restoration of your parents. I am sorry they could not be there for your kids. I am sure they were there in spirit.
A.J. is adorable!
God Bless, andrea

Mamí♥Picture said...

♥Thank God♥ everything is going good!
Congrats on those 5.4 pounds!!!! They are gone for GOOD!right?
♥♥♥ HAVE A LOVELY WED. ♥♥♥

Mamí♥Picture said...

Oh! I LOVE YOUR MINI VIDEO!
☺ SO CUTE ☺

Lorrie said...

Praise the Lord God is so good. I'm so glad he gave you more time with them. I know how family events can really well up our situations. and I'm so proud of you being down 5 1/2 lbs. You're doing great. Praise the Lord...keep up the good work.

LisaShaw said...

Continuing to pray with you and others for your parents and your entire family.

Thanks for sharing your kids with us and congratulations on your journey!

Love you.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm glad your parents are doing ok. I will continue to pray for them.

Congrats on the 5.4 lbs!

McCrakensx4 said...

Praying for speedy recoveries for both of your parents. You have such a great outlook and I know, too, that God is in control. Have peace and take care.

And Joel is such a cutie!

He & Me + 3 said...

Still praying your parents. That was a cute video of Joel. Congrats on another 5.4 pounds. you are doing awesome.

Beth in NC said...

Hey Friend. I am praying for your sweet parents.

And you are SMOKING ME on the weight loss challenge!!! Of course the icing I ate yesterday and the WW chocolate isn't helping my cause.

Sigh ....

Love you!
b

Five Moms & A Blog said...

So glad to hear that you are in good spirits about everything with your mom and dad. That is a really tough area to be in for sure. I don't look forward to it at all...

As far as the 5.4lbs is concerned,,,AWESOME!!! Need to get remotivated!!!;)

Tarah

momstheword said...

Yeah on the weight loss! That is awesome!

So glad your folks are doing better. I know what you mean. Before my dad died and his health was failing, he and my mom never missed anything my kid's did.

But dad just couldn't go at the end, and my mom wouldn't leave him. My kids were sad, but they knew that we would show them the video, not the same though.