Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Praise Report

My mom went into surgery yesterday at 9:53pm because her hernia turned into an incarcerated bowel. The CT Scan only showed colitis so the doctors canceled the consult with the gastro surgeon. Well Dr. Lewis, the surgeon, decided to take a look at my mom anyway and discovered an incarcerated bowel by palpating(feeling) her abdomen. He did not waste any time he took her to surgery as soon as the surgical team was available and he fixed her up. She is resting comfortably.
My Dad had two units of blood and is being treated for his infection. Both are doing well and are stable.
Thank you all for your prayers and Praise God for once again opening the doors and leading the surgeon to check out my mom anyway...she could have died.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God for His loving care of your parents. I love you my friend.

Mamí♥Picture said...

Lisa,
I am glad everything went good! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!
HAVE A BLESSED TUESDAY!!!
XOX
~Rocio

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad to hear that they are doing a bit better. still praying.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Happy to hear good news about your mom. Still praying for all of you.

Beth in NC said...

God bless your parents Lisa. I'm glad they are both stable.

Love!
Beth

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm so glad to hear that my friend! I will definitely be praying for them.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your mom.

Lorrie said...

That's so good to hear the doctors are double checking things. Praise the Lord, prayers to you.

McCrakensx4 said...

So glad that she was double checked and seemingly doing better. still praying.