Tuesday, May 5, 2009

WFW


Proverbs 3:3 & 4
"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on a tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man."

I went to Proverbs for wisdom and comfort last night because I want to call our middle school district because of something that has upset me. In our school district we have to pay $50 for our children if they want to participate in a sport. Adrienne plays fast pitch softball for the middle school and was out sick on Monday with a sore throat. Being a responsible mother and a considerate person, I took her to the doctor to rule out strep or swine flu. Since she was absent Monday from school, with a valid reason, she was not allowed to play in the game on Tuesday even though she attended school Tuesday. This would have been a fun game for her because she played against another school where 3 of her hockey teammates attend. Instead she was benched and had to watch everyone else play.
Our school system has had to nickle and dime us to death because our goofy school board has not earned the trust and respect of the community to pass a full millage......so consequently we are having to pay for bus rides for field trips and sport involvement...which we have never had to pay for before. I feel this was unfair and I plan to speak my opinion but getting into God's Word has helped me calm myself and I think I will be able to handle my complaint with tact, respect and the fruit of the Spirit. Please say a prayer for me today.

My objective is to get that policy changed, especially when your child has a doctors' note and is cleared to go to school and participate in all activities. It is also not fair to be benched from a game where the parents must pay to play.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I agree with you sweetie. I love your new look, very awesome.

More Than Words said...

I totally agree with you. She should have been allowed to play. It's not like she missed practice because she didn't feel like going. I'm glad you dug into the Word to give you the peace you need before you go to the school district! I'll be praying too, my friend!!

And of course, I can't leave w/out saying how much I love your new makeover!! So springy and summery! I'm going to grab your new button too!!!!!!!!!!

Beth in NC said...

I'm sorry about the school board girl.

On a brighter note, I like your new makeover. I'm grabbing your new button!

So, you decided to go back to two columns?

Love ya!
b

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Love your blog makeover! So very cute and fun!

I agree with you - she should have been able to play. And I'm proud of you for seeking God first - "In your anger, do not sin". :)