Tuesday, May 5, 2009

This Blog Is Under Construction

This blog will be getting a face lift in the very near future, probably today...... and along with that I have decided to start my own "meme" as we call it??? Someone tell me what that stands for...lol anyway. AHHHH... It will be called Treat Yourself Tuesday.

I am sure like many moms I put myself last and get very cranky when I don't take time and do the things that make me happy. So being it is Tuesday I am going to share what I am doing for myself today....

First, Joel and I went for a walk and he rode his bike and it was a one way trip for him to the babysitter. Yes, I am going to QUIT being a tight wad and spend $40 a week to have a much needed day to myself at least until he starts preschool in September. He too, needs a day away from me and he loves Ms. Sherry and Drew the other little boy that goes to her day care in her home.

Second, I am getting a badly needed haircut today and I am going to crop. I am getting behind and have many good pics with my new camera that need to be printed and cropped.

My last treat to myself was my new washer and dryer, that was last week. I love it. It is very simple, not a lot of bells and whistles but it does a great job and did not collapse the piggy bank.

So what I am saying girls, you can treat yourself without going bankrupt and you just may save your mind.
I have included a picture of my new washer and dryer and my clean laundry room.....keeping it clean will be another treat to myself.


So off to start this day that is going to be ALL MINE!

9 comments:

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

hey sounds great to me can I come??!!!

I think we got that same washer and dryer set a few weeks ago when we moved in here!

He & Me + 3 said...

Love the washer and dryer...so jealous. WE need some new ones too.
Good idea to have a day to yourself. I too am taking a day to myself on Tuesdays. Full day at school for Stunt Man. Yee haw.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Can't wait to see the new look! Great idea for a new meme. Can't wait to play along!

Have fun today my friend!

Beth in NC said...

Ohhhhh, I can't wait to see your new look (blog and hair). Ha.

And I was just thinking this morning, "I have 3 memes or MORE if I do the Women at the Well" but I don't have any for Tuesday. Well, there ya go. Unfortunately, I probably won't have a lot to share since I don't get much time to do something for myself right now. Blogging is my treat.

Have fun today!

Love ya!
Beth

momstheword said...

I was wondering when you were going to let the cat ALL the way out of the bag, lol!

I heart my washer and dryer and they're just plain ole' little things but they work their little...ahhh....motors off for me!

More Than Words said...

Good for you, Lisa!!

I'm excited for your new meme! Are you going to have a button for it too???

Have a wonderful day to yourself, my friend!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Yeah! Maybe you will be excited about laundry now...LOL!

Great Meme idea!

Denise said...

You go girl. Awesome washer and dryer. I love you.

Rachel said...

Lucky you! Sounds like a wonderful day of treating yourself :) Love the new blog look!