Sunday, May 24, 2009

Trenton Memorial Day Parade


My mom went with us to the parade.

Joel sat in the car because all of the sirens scared him a little.

This is AJ marching with his Saxphone.

Maestro AJ marched in the Trenton Memorial Day Parade yesterday. I have been waiting for the day he could compete in Solo Ensemble and I am happy to announce he is going to start practicing for competition real soon. He will be competing in piano and will be playing Canon in D the song on my play list. The reason he picked this song is it is his mamma's favorite and he already has a wedding engagement to play for a bridal march. His cousin Stacy, though not engaged, has already told him she wants him to play Canon in D when she walks down the aisle. (sniff, sniff)

9 comments:

Denise said...

My friend, your kids are way beyond awesome. I love you.

He & Me + 3 said...

Your mom looked nice in that picture and how cool for AJ.

Beth in NC said...

Your Mom looked healthy and strong. Great pics of the kiddos. I was in the marching band too.

Love!
b

Andrea said...

Awesome pictures of your family. What treasured time and sweet memories you are building. Thank you for sharing with us.

Blessings and prayers, andrea

PS: love the music

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I love parades! Your mom looks GREAT! Yeah for AJ and Joel looks like he is having a grand ol time too!!!

Happy Sunday!

More Than Words said...

Oh, how cool about AJ!!! You must have been so proud to see him in the parade!!!

And awww..Joel!!! How cute!!!!!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Your mom looks GREAT!!! And parades are so much fun! Ours is tomorrow morning! Love the pic of Joel with the flag...so patriotic! And Canon in D is one of my fav songs; my bridesmaids walked to this down my aisle almost 11 yrs ago!! I usually have the music off on my computer, but as soon as I say this song playing, I turned up the volume! Happy Memeorial Day to you and the fam!

Muthering Heights said...

It looks like you all had a great time!

Katrina said...

Your mom is so pretty! I love the pictures, parades are so fun! I love the Canon in D, I played that at my wedding when I came down the isle, it's such a beautiful song!