Monday, December 22, 2008

I was not that confused and forgetful!


1. It was not me this week that tried to check off all of the canceled checks in her check register to find out that more than 5 checks were not even written down. It also was not me that realized I have two checking acct's and DAH..... I was looking at the wrong one.
2. It also was not me that keeps all her sour cream, cottage cheese, cool whip containers and put a stack of them in the cupboard for storage to later find out cottage cheese was still in one of them---yuck the stench.... I couldn't have done that!
3. It was not me who declined the rental of a 4 wheel drive explorer to take my mom to U of M Hospital at 5:30am in the blizzard. It was not me who insisted I use my precious van that I feel drives very well in the snow. It was not me who FORGOT her windshield wipers stink and had the worse time seeing in the dark with the HUGE flakes. It totally IS ME who is praising God we even made it at all.
4. It is not me who has saved her Christmas shopping for the absolute last minute, it is not me who promises herself she will get it all done on Monday and Tuesday and I am not one bit freaking out about it.
That is all I have friends, for more "not me's" click here.

11 comments:

Kellan said...

Tee hee! Ooooh yuck about the cottage cheese - eeeek! Hope you get all your shopping done and have a great Holiday week. I still have a little shopping left to do myself - ugh! See you - Kellan

More Than Words said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!! About the cottage cheese! I can imagine!!!! LOL!!

OH..and I'm so w/ you w/ the gifts!!!!!!!! I know..we're CRAZY!!

Denise said...

No way, not you!! lol

Davisix said...

Great Not Mes! I was cracking up over the cottage cheese....ewwwww! :) Ang

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh man...does your house still stink? Yikes. Good luck with the last minute shopping...I will be tucked in my house all nice and warm. LOL

McCrakensx4 said...

YUCK! I hate that smell! Great list :)

momstheword said...

Love the cottage cheese one!!!!!

BTW, we are snowed in here and our shopping isn't complete, so don't feel bad.

At this point we will be showing the pictures of what they'll be getting!

Mikki said...

So glad to hear you made it to the hospital :-)
What a great list..love the honesty!

Debbie Petras said...

You are too funny Lisa. But I'm glad that your mom got home safely from the hospital. The gifts and preparations will get done, one way or another. Have a wonderful blessed Christmas.

Shanita Waters said...

Hello... thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I really like the "It Was Not Me" List. That's really cute.

Beth in NC said...

Cottage cheese? Ick -- even when it is in the fridge. lol I have done the same thing with my daughter's sippy cups (with remnants of milk left in the corners). Yuck.

I am grateful you made it home safely from the hospital.

Love,
Beth