Monday, December 15, 2008

AJ and Emily's Piano Recital

Tonight was the piano recital at Mrs. Slocum's house. AJ has been taking lessons from her since he was 5 years old. I started him when he showed an interest. When I was searching for teachers, the teacher I had in mind would not start him until age 7. I felt led to pursue a teacher that would start him at age 5 because I worried he would lose interest. It was just God's direction leading me to Mrs. Slocum. She is a beautiful Christian woman who plays the piano at her church for the worship service. She is so patient with the kids and they love her and so do I.

Emily, on the other hand, started at age 7 and it was way too early for her. She just started back up in September of this year at age 9. I know these two children have a calling on their lives and I pray everyday that God will use them for His Glory--actually I want Him to use ALL of them ; ) Whatever the case, my prayer is they have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and He guide and protect them all the days of their lives. I am so proud of them and so thankful and flattered that God would give us the 4 of them to raise, because the way we see it- they are His children we have been blessed with being their parents.

10 comments:

More Than Words said...

Oh, Lisa...they play beautifully! It's such a blessing to see kids play an instrument, and use it for His glory!!!!

Tell them I said, "Great job!!!"

He & Me + 3 said...

Em is picking it up very nicely, but AJ wow! I am so impressed. just beautiful! YOu should be so proud of both!

McCrakensx4 said...

Great job, both of them! I have always wanted to take lessons, but never have. If we were still living in MI, Brendan would be taking lessons from his Godmother! Oh well. Maybe sometime soon!

Denise said...

They both play so lovely my friend, may God sweetly bless their musical gifts.

Davisix said...

Wow Girl....what talent! I know you're beaming with pride...as you should be. xo Ang

Davisix said...

Lisa, about Amy B...yes, her tests came back and the cells they removed are cancerous. You are sweet and thoughtful to pray for her. :) Ang

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

Awesome, my friend. What a blessing! To God be the glory. You have every right to be so proud!

Hugs to you today!

Beth in NC said...

That is so sweet!!! And someone has to show me how to upload a video! Ha.

I loved it.
Beth

momstheword said...

They both did a great job! Loved your son's smile and your daughter's bright nails!

My 20 year old started lessons at age eight. He has played on the church worship team since he was about 14. He has been asked many times to give lessons but just doesn't have the spare time.

Music lessons is a great way to teach diligence, patience, perseverance and a work ethic (all those hours of having to patiently practice to get it "right.").

About your comment on my blog: I know. I look at the mortgage on our house and it just seems an impossible mountain. But it's not. Any amount you pay toward debt is a good thing. No matter how small.

Unknown said...

Lisa,

So glad your Mom's procedure went well and you arrived at the hospital safely!

I don't know how I missed this post!

The children did a wonderful job!

I know you are so proud of them. We are looking for an instructor to come to the house and teach our children to play piano too!

God bless and love,
Jill