Sunday, September 28, 2008

II Chronicles 7:14


"If My people will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from Heaven and heal their land." This was the scripture for today's sermon. I have been spending time in prayer everyday and this is time worth spending talking with God. Everyday I pray for:
1. my family and friends- that they will have wisdom, knowledge, guidance, strength, health, wealth and protection.
2. for our people in the service, I pray that they have all excepted Christ as their personal savior and that the Lord would put a hedge of protection around our soldiers.
3. I pray for our future president, who I pray will be John McCain/Sarah Palin but I ask for God's Will.
4.I pray for church growth, the neighborhood surrounding our church that we may reach out to them and bring them in to worship with us.
5. I pray our church would find the right young man to hire for our youth pastor.
6. I pray for our pastor and his wife for wisdom, protection, guidance as they minister to our congregation.
7. I pray for my place of employment that the leadership would have wisdom on increasing our revenue thus decreasing our debt.
8. I also pray everyday for my children, more than anything I want them to have a personal relationship with their Heavenly Father, I want him to convict them when they do something wrong, I want them to hear His still small voice to guide them. I pray they have favor with all those in authority over them. I pray for their future spouses that they know the Lord and serve Him. I pray they will have wisdom with money. All these things will hopefully be taught by Tito and I, who I pray the Lord gives us the wisdom to raise them in the fear and admonition of the Lord.
9. I am also praying for revival, I want to see people seeking God all the time for everything, not just when there is a crisis or a terrorist attack.
When we humble ourselves and pray, God gives us grace for added strength to go through our trials. Take time to talk with God, He is waiting to hear from you.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Nice post. It was a good sermon today. I got a lot out of it! I want to learn to humble myself even more. I have so many areas where I need impovement. Ugh...Lord help me.

Anonymous said...

What a great prayer list! I also pray that God will convict my kids also. So that it is His work, not just mom saying to do something or change something in their hearts.
Also, glad to see you praying for revival.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. It's always nice to meet other women with hearts to serve God.
Love the family pic in your header!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I love your prayer list. Great job. I need to be praying more. I never feel like it is enough and I am constantly feeling the urge to just get on my knees. I need to just do it!