Thursday, June 3, 2010

More Photography Practice with "Toady" and a Duck

I have been learning how to use my Canon 10D camera and yesterday I noticed the kids friend "Toady" on the deck. I couldn't help but run for the camera and he was the perfect client...he sat completely still until I was done and then he jumped off.....thanks buddy!!!

The first photo was a 4.5 FOV and I see his eyes are clear but the rest of his body is blurry along with his surroundings. This was in AV mode.



This next photo I changed to a cloudy setting and I believe it came up 8.0 FOV which is a greater field of view leaving less blurred edges and background. This is auto mode.

The photo below I believe is the best, it has a 4.5 FOV and cloudy lighting and if you live in Michigan you know yesterday was rainy and cloudy. I also have greater distance so that widened my FOV and now his face and eyes are clear and his body begins to blur out. I also cropped this picture and coned in on the toad. This is AV mode.

This last picture I shot in manual mode and the histogram was perfect.....YES!!!
A little disclaimer, FOV means field of view which is actually radiography jargon I meant to write depth of field but I am getting my radiography and photography mixed up because it is very similiar.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Great job Lisa. When did you get the 10D? I thought you had the 5?
Cool shots my friend. Great job.

More Than Words said...

How fun!!!!! I am coveting your camera! LOL

Denise said...

Nice job.

He & Me + 3 said...

I was wondering about FOV. I thought...is that something new I didn't know. LOL

McCrakensx4 said...

Good job and yay for you for practicing and getting good!!