Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday Photo Flashback

This is my favorite meme to participate in. We get to go back in time and share some of our best days before digital photography with computer storage and upload of photos. Thank you Alicia, please visit her blog to see some other flashbacks.


This is a picture of me when I was in my early 20's. It happens to be the last night that I was an available single female. This was a picture taken in my apartment by my mom before I left for the hospital Christmas Party. This was a day when I NEVER went outside without a shower and my hair done, nails always perfect, owned a brand new Ford Probe, worked out 4 days a week at Vic Tanny, always had extra money and spent it on myself. I had my own apartment and it was always neat and clean ahhhh....... I am glad I did it then because I sure can't do it now.

This night was December 22, 1991 and Tito and I both went to the party. I was supposed to be going with another guy to this party but he was a jerk so I ended up going myself. Tito took a girl from work and I was sad to see he had a date. He asked me to dance and then he asked me out and the rest is history. He gave me a very nice card and a box of cherry cordial chocolates for Christmas.

Look at this precious card.
What sweet words <3

25 comments:

Krisha said...

awe, how sweet :)

Denise said...

Such precious memories my friend.

McCrakensx4 said...

That is so awesome! Do they even have Vic Tanny still?! Love the hair and white hose! What a great memory!

More Than Words said...

Look at you!!!!! You are so cute and sassy!!!! To be in my 20's again! I can dream a little! LOL!

And nothing says "no kids" like that immaculate white couch!!!! LOLOL!!!

I love the card he gave you too!! Sooooo sweet!!!!!!

More Than Words said...

OHHH..and I linked you up again!

Mamí♥Picture said...

Aww, how sweet is Tito!!! BTW my uncle's name is also Tito! Anyways...
You look so BEAUTIFUL! Great Memories!
Have a HAPPY Friday!

He & Me + 3 said...

I dont' think I ever knew the story behind how you met. what a cool memory. lOve the hair:)

He & Me + 3 said...

Not how you met, but how you started dating...

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh how sweet! What a snazzy picture! Love the dress!

Beth in NC said...

So sweet! What do your kids think of the styles back then when they see these pictures? I was THERE and I still say, "Look at those puffy sleeves!!!!" These styles shock my senses now. lol

You look lovely in your 80's attire.

Love,
b

Beth in NC said...

I mean early 90's attire.

Sweet Serendipity said...

Great picture of you! Love that carpet :D

Mikki said...

Aww. What a great post! Love the BIG shoulders and hair!!

Your one lucky lady :-)

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

what a great post Lisa! how incredibly sweet. <3

Days of Whine & Noses said...

that's funny that you have been to Excalibur in Chicago!

Love the pic and the card!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow-ee! Those sleeves!! :)

Tara said...

Whoa look at you! No wonder he snatched you up. What a sweet little card that is.

momstheword said...

Oh my, look at those sleeves!!! Wow! And look at you Miss Thang! All perfectly put together! And a white couch no less!

BTW, that dress was your curtains. Didn't you see Gone with the Wind, lol!

~Lesa~ said...

Awwwww. Thanks for sharing. Very sweet.~Lesa

Helene said...

Awwww, that is such a sweet note he wrote you! And look at you...all decked out, looking so pretty!!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love this meme!

Erin said...

Love the card your husband sent you. How wonderful. Isn't funny that you know exactly when you went "off the market"...the moment your world changed.

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Lisa, how precious is that momento. And I love the photo of you when you were single. Life does change when you have kids. LOL. You are still very cute.

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful Lisa!

Thanks for sharing with us dear sister. Love your photo too!

Carin said...

What a sweet memory! You look so wonderful and I love that you kept the card =)

Lorrie said...

This is a great post...too cute.