Friday, May 22, 2009

Memory Lane

Thanks to Alicia at More Than Words we can share our fondest memories on Friday via photo flashback. Please visit Alicia if you have not yet, she has an awesome and interesting blog.

This is a picture taken in June 1989 of my graduation from radiology school. I am pictured with my two instructors. Scott on my right was/is (still) my mentor.

If I looked up professionalism and integrity in the dictionary his picture would be there.
My first day in class I wanted to be just like him, so after x-ray school I went to the University of Michigan and earned my Bachelor of General Studies in Education, Management and Communication. I taught for total of 7 years until I had Emily and could not balance career and motherhood. I am still in the field as a technologist and may go back to teaching when the kids get older.
I am thankful that the Lord caused my path to cross with Scott's. He has been an inspiration to me. He is a very positive person, enthusiastic, motivating and I could go on and on...... I am where I am today, professionally, because of his influence.

18 comments:

More Than Words said...

Wow..what a great flashback memory! That's awesome to have found a mentor so early in your career! I bet he would be so blessed to know this (unless he already does)!!

Thanks for joining in again, my friend!! I can't wait to do your meme on Tuesday!!

Krisha said...

That's awesome Lisa! I believe there is always someone that crosses your path for a reason.

I'm looking forward to participating in your Tuesday meme :)

Chris said...

truly memorable picture! :)

McCrakensx4 said...

What a fond memory! And I am thankful for what you know...especially on that scary day once upon a time in April of 2002 when Colin broke his leg!!!

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing. These flashbacks are so neat to see and read about.

Beth in NC said...

Wow, do you think much of him? hee hee

That is sweet. I'm sure it would bless him to see this post.

Have a blessed Friday my friend.
Beth

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I love this picture! You look so professional my friend!

Cascia Talbert said...

What a great memory. It is wonderful to have people in our lives to admire and look up to. Have a wonderful weekend.

Erin said...

Oh, the shoulder pads...so many of my photos have them. What were we thinking?

It is terrific that you have these pictures of the people who mean so much to you. So many of us never snapped a photo and just rely on our memories...

Happy Friday...

He & Me + 3 said...

Very nice picture...and for the record, I better not ever see an old scanned picture of the two of us up there. LOL Those are hidden far away never to be scanned again. LOL

Chris said...

Very cool! Have a great weekend!

Pam said...

That's wonderful that you found a mentor like that. I know he will be so happy when he sees this. It's a great tribute.

Tara said...

Count yourself as very lucky to have had someone like that in your life then and now. Many people can never say that...

Mamí♥Picture said...

What a beautiful memorable picture!

momstheword said...

Wow, you really don't look any different, except your hair is a bit longer! Love the shoulder pads, lol!

Mikki said...

Love it!! You are so brave doing this.. I'll have to see if I can find some flashback pictures.

momstheword said...

I did here about that. It's for people who use Mr. Linky on their blogs and I already removed mine. But thanks for telling me!

Denise said...

Such a great picture and memory.