Friday, May 29, 2009

I am Praising The Lord.


I originally had a post here where I was venting because I have been struggling with emotions like anxiety, frustration, irritation, angst, sorrow...... I have just been feeling awful. I deleted that post Praise God. I am feeling so much better and I am just thanking God for bringing peace, joy and strength to my broken spirit.

My parents are doing really well. Last night, I took Adrienne to go see my dad so that he could pray journey mercies over her as she travels with her 8th grade class to Cedar Point today. He was doing so well, talking and praying. The nursing home is giving him a new nourishing drink that he enjoys. His nursing home is A++++, you never see the staff sitting around talking. They are always busy with the patients. I am praying he gets strong enough to attend AJ and Emily's piano recital this June.

My dad also took a fall a few days ago and the x-rays showed no fracture which is a miracle given his feeble body. My mom also took a fall yesterday but suffered just a few little bruises. Her medications are working and her belly has really gone down and contains less water that accumulates due to her liver condition. The new doctor she is going to is a God Send.

I am just thankful that God is still on the throne and He is bigger than all my problems or worries. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and just felt the urge to pray and I begged the Lord for relief from these feelings I have been having. I am so thankful for my friends in blog land who have been praying for me, I am praying for all of you too when you have shared your needs. God Bless All of You and have a very Blessed Weekend.

I would like to ask that you all pray for Nevaeh Buchanan, a 5 year old little girl who went missing 4 days ago from her apartment complex just 2 blocks from the hospital I work at. Her mother has a criminal background and her mother's boyfriend has been in trouble for sexual assault. Going down Macomb, Neveah's biological father passes out flyer's, I pray they find her alive and unharmed.

8 comments:

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Lisa, I'm sorry you've been stressing - I will be praying that you have perfect peace - and for the other requests you mentioned, too. I'm glad to hear your parents are doing well.

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, so glad to read that you took those thoughts to the Lord. He will comfort you. He will give you His strength. He will give you wisdom. In your own strength, you cannot. But He is able and willing to work in and through you. And then, my friend, He gets all the glory. As people ask you how you do it, you tell them about your awesome God.

Sending you love and hugs today Lisa.

Andrea said...

Praying for this precious little one.
I am also praying for you. God bless you for your honesty as you struggle. Praising GOD with you for the journey HE has you on and knowing HE will continue to use you every step of the way.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

McCrakensx4 said...

I hope that they find that little girl; how scary that it happened to close to home. Glad to hear that your parents are adjusting well. Have a blessed weekend!

Beth in NC said...

Oh, I am so heavy in my spirit for this little girl. I pray angels protect this child and place her in a safe environment!

I'm sorry you've been struggling Lisa. :o( I didn't notice if you did a vlog yesterday -- I'll have to check. I'm glad you're better now.

And praise God about your Dad and Mom.

Love you,
b

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying that they find that little girl. Hope you are doing better today my friend. hang in there. Miss seeing you.

Denise said...

I praise God that things are going so well concerning your dad. I am praying for Nevaeh. I love you.

More Than Words said...

Oh my gosh...so sad about that little girl!!

I'll be praying for you, my friend!! Cast all your cares upon Him because He cares for you!!

Love you!