Thursday, March 19, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I am thankful today because God is so Good. I don't want to write a long post so I will just say that yesterday I was scared. My mom had an endoscopic procedure and the dr. found 5 esophageal varices that were about to rupture. These varices are caused from pressure created by her liver condition and they are just like varicose veins on your leg but they are in your esophagus. The dr. did not know my mom was in this bad of shape until the time of the exam.....he banded the varices and if they would have ruptured we would have had a mess. I believe God held them together, just the night before she went to Joe Louis Arena with us and walked many stairs and had difficulty......it is a wonder they did not rupture with the exertion she had to put forth just to get up the stairs.

Today the kids are off of school and we are going to spend the day with my dad at the nursing home. Emily and AJ have been given permission to play the piano that is in the activity room for the residents. There is a ministry there and I pray God will use them to cheer up the residents and their Grandpa.

8 comments:

Angela said...

God IS good...thank you for saying that....We NEED to say that...

Beth in NC said...

Oh Lisa! THANK GOD indeed! I'm sure that was very frightening! God bless you parents. They are definitely enduring through a difficult season.

I pray God will give you strength my friend.

Love you,
Beth

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, I'm so glad that they discovered the esophageal varices so they could deal with it. God is so good to protect her, especially while she was out with you and the family. The Lord will supply all you need, when you need it. He's been faithful and will continue to be. Hugs to you.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH wow! God is so good! What a wonderful Thankful Thursday! I hope you guys enjoy the day at the nursing home!

He & Me + 3 said...

Thank God...the dr. found them on your mom before they ruptured. Have a wonderful visit with your dad. Love the new picture at top.

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

Praise God they were found in time. ((hugs)) have a happy thursday :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great day and what wonderful news about your Mom - finding those varices before they ruptured. God is good! We regularly visit a nursing home in our area, too. The residents love having visitors - especially the residents that rarely have any visitors!

Denise said...

You have my unending love and prayers.