Friday, February 13, 2009

A Post to Praise The Lord

I just had to write a post today to give God praise. I had such a difficult day yesterday with so many things to do and sometimes it is so hard to think when I have my parents failing health on my mind.
God swept in and gave me peace, once again, and I was able to accomplish so much. Yesterday, I had to prepare for Emily's Valentine's Day Party. Gift's for teachers, brownies to bake. I also had to select courses for Adrienne's first year of High School and there was so much to choose from and I have to be careful not to select things that I would like to learn about. I had to sit down with her and READ each course description while Emily was calling and asking for help with her math---from me??? I am still trying to figure out what (x) equals anyhow...then there were the brownies to bake the gifts to wrap, and the valentines to address to her classmates.
There was a hockey game I missed...a very important one. Well the Capitals won and Adrienne had 2 assists so our girls are on their way to the Championship at Joe Louis Arena---against Ann Arbor.
Back to the brownies which I put in the oven and did not set the timer, it was as if the Lord tapped me on the shoulder to check them and they were done and not burned. I had to have 24 and I was able to cut 24, no more no less....
Emily also asked I wash her clothes for today, last night. Well it slipped my mind and would you believe we found an outfit of Adrienne's I was saving for her, she loved it and is content with wearing it--which is even the bigger miracle than just finding the shirt and pants.
Then off to see my dad and forget going to the biggest game of the season...my dad was so sick and throwing up and had not eaten all day and mom and I were there in the nick of time to feed him and help him with his nausea, when we left he was finally feeling better and comfortable being given more blankets and something for nausea which I am not sure he would have gotten had we not gone to see him and forget about the game.
I just love how God directs my path and I need His continuous guidance so I am publicly confessing that I could not live without Him.
I am sorry I have not been visiting all of your blogs much, I promise to catch up and I do so appreciate your prayers.

11 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh Lisa. I'm so sorry! I know how it is feeling pulled in all directions. You know we share the parent thing. I am so thankful that God ordered your steps and you got it all done (well, except for the game). I think you did a great job!

Bless you friend!
Beth

Anonymous said...

You are such a strong person and I admire you for all that you do! Lifting you up daily in my prayers.
LeAnn

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

You are not obligated to visit blogs, silly girl! I'm so glad your Father is taking good care of you. You have a lot on your plate. xo

mama's smitten said...

Hope you'll stop by today. I have something you dserve!

Angela said...

just love how God directs my path and I need His continuous guidance so I am publicly confessing that I could not live without Him.
amen amen amen!!

momstheword said...

It is hard when you parents are sick. My mom has been sick in the hospital since Monday and I just found out that she might need a surgery which would be risky for her heart.

Just continue resting in Him. He is taking care of your parents and is caring for you too, my sweet friend. Love you!

More Than Words said...

Oh Lisa..no need to apologize!! Our personal lives, family, etc. take precedence over our blogs!!

Wow..God is so amazing! It's such a great reminder that God is always one step ahead of us!!! He cares even about the smallest things from brownies to the major things like being at the hospital at the right time!!!

Love ya, Lis!! I'm so happy to hear all the praises in this post!! '

HUGS!
Alicia

Debbie Petras said...

Sweet Lisa, don't worry about visiting our blogs. We love you and know that you're being pulled in different directions right now. It's so great to read how you're depending on the Lord to guide you each step of the way. I'm glad you were able to help your dad and were there at just the right time. Isn't that like the Lord? I'm praying for you, friend.

He & Me + 3 said...

Lisa,

Sorry about your sad day, but i am so glad today is better and that the Lord still guides us and directs us in our choas. He brings it all together...Way to give Him the credit too.
Love YOu!
Mimi

Andrea said...

Praying for your family. Love and prayers, andrea

Denise said...

I love you, wrapping you in my prayers.