Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I hate to do a post without pictures.

This is just a post to update everyone on my parents. Things have not been good and I have not felt like blogging. I will be posting pictures of a dinner I prepared and took over to the hospital for my dad because he is sick of hospital food. My cousins were there and I saw him smile for the first time in months. The pictures are in Adrienne's phone so I will post them soon.
First off, I just want to praise God. He is definitely sustaining all of us and He is worthy of our praise. There are so many people praying and I know that things have went the way they have because our Lord has willed it and everything is under His control.
My dad is still in the hospital and has Alzheimer's. He is very restless, agitated, angry.... He is up, down, hot, cold, comfortable, uncomfortable. He fell yesterday because he is very weak and either will not eat or does not have an appetite. He cries and wants to come home--(Mark and Stacy if you are reading do not tell Grandma we do not want her to worry) Just to let you know what my dad was like, my sister found a spiral notebook in his desk full of prayer requests....he loved to pray for people and then check up on them, many have told me he called them when they were at their weakest moment and his prayers lifted their spirit......that was "my dad"
We have decided to just make him comfortable and focus on our mom who is physically more sick with her liver.
I had a vision yesterday of my parents sitting, laughing and talking with all their friends and relatives that have gone on before them and I know that is where they are headed....to Heaven. I am so sad to have reached this point in my life where I have to part with my parents and no matter how much I prepare myself I am going to have a hard time. I know for my parents to be absent from the body they will be present with the Lord and why would I want them to stay here and suffer?
It is this faith that I have that sustains me. I will be with them again one day for an eternity and I can't even fathom the beauty of Heaven and being in the presence of Jesus. No more pain, tears, fears.....just all pure, wonderful good stuff.
Thank you friends for all your prayers, I love all of you and will be visiting you soon in blog land. <3

16 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

LIsa,

Praying for you and your strength through this time.
So glad you could crop with me all day Satuday it was so fun.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family during these times.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I am so sorry to hear that my friend. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Denise said...

My dear friend, I am praying for your precious family. I love you.

momstheword said...

Lisa, I will be praying for you and your family. My dad went thru a lot of emotions too. Anger and just wanting to come home (he was in a nursing home for months because he broke his hip in a fall).

When he was in the hospital he was giving up and trying to give away all his possessions. Then he rallied again and was in great spirits. It's a roller coaster.

I know it is so difficult when parents are ill, especially both at the same time and you feel stretched and stressed as you run back and forth between them.

I will tell you that when my dad died, although I was numb and in disbelief (because he was getting bettter we thought), the Lord was there for me. I felt sad but I felt the Lord's comfort and peace. Do not fear the present and do the fear the future for God will sustain you.

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your family. May you find peace in the rough waters ahead.

More Than Words said...

Lisa..what a beautiful vision that the Lord gave you. I can imagine that it is hard to part w/ our loved ones here on earth. I have yet to experience that. But, just knowing that that would not be final for our family that knows the Lord, that would give me such peace. Only Gods peace could get us through times like this.

His strength is perfected in our weakness!!

Angela said...

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Thanks for the update....Blessings, peace, strength and comfort in the Lord Jesus Christ...
Angela

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Lisa, I know how hard it is emotionallly to go through all of this. It was four years ago on Saturday that my mom went to be with the Lord. Please know that your blogging friends are lifting you up in prayer. Hugs to you.

LisaShaw said...

O Sweet Lisa, don't worry about blogging. Just know that we love you and our arms are around you and our prayers are like a shawl about you -- there to hold you up to the Lord and your precious family.

Beth in NC said...

Hi Sweet Friend. I had you on my heart today and actually was searching for your blog to see if you had any updates.

I know how painful it is to see your parents in pain and failing. I'm so sorry.

Praise God you KNOW that your parents are saved. What a blessing to know your Dad was a prayer warrior! What a lovely heritage.

God bless you Lisa. I pray He will continue to give you strength.

Love!
Beth

Samantha said...

I pray that God will comfort and strengthen you during this difficult time.

Elisabeth said...

Praying for you and your family during these hard times!

Beth in NC said...

Lisa, are you ok??? I just had you on my heart then I couldn't find you on facebook.

Praying for you!
Beth

Ohilda said...

Lisa,

My prayers are with you and your family. Alzheimers is an awful disease that hits close to home, since my dear grandfather had it.

Our God is faithful and continue to lean on Him.

Hugs,

Ohilda

McCrakensx4 said...

Lisa, Praying for you through this time. Take care friend.
Love, Stacey