Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Day that was a Gift from the Lord


Today I was able to visit with Dr. Zara. Dr. Zara has been our pediatrician for 10 years. He found out 6 weeks ago that he has pancreatic cancer and he is in the last days of his life.
He was the best pediatrician and our 4th one. After, several attempts to find a good doctor for our kids we finally found Dr. Zara. I have posted a photo of Joel's 3 week old check up with Dr. Zara.
I found out about his illness while talking with good friends on facebook. I was shocked and immediately I prayed the Lord would not take him until he accepted Him as his Personal Savior. I also asked the Lord if it be His Will, provide a way for me to go and say goodbye. The friends that went to see him the day before were guided by the Holy Spirit and felt His wonderful presence as they talked with Dr. Zara. Today, I went with my friend Debbie, the Holy Spirit gave her boldness and she came out and asked Dr. Zara's sister if he was saved and her answer was "yes". Praise God, I am at peace knowing he will be with our Heavenly Father free of pain and suffering and someday, very soon, we will be with him again and won't need a sick appt. or a check up.

11 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh Lisa. That is so sad, yet I'm grateful that he is saved. What a sweet picture of your son -- so tiny.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Six weeks? How sad! Yes, that is great that he is saved. I am so glad you were able to have that conversation with him.

I love the picture of your son. Too cute!

Take care my friend! Hope you are doing well!

He & Me + 3 said...

Our peditrician is a born again believer too. It is so nice to know that they will be with us in heaven..those that cared for us on earth. That is a gift as well. So glad you were able to see him.

Andrea said...

Prayers for Dr. Zara...and praising GOD for his ULITIMATE HEALING!!!

Denise said...

Praise God that he is saved, my prayers are with him.

More Than Words said...

I think that's one of the hugest blessings that the Lord gave us. Knowing that we'll see our loved ones in the Lord again one day!!

Anonymous said...

Praise God & bless you, my sweet, dear friend for your Faithfulness & Obedience to the Lord. Our lives are forever changed not only by Dr. Zara's presence through the years, but also in the void he leaves behind in our hearts. He will truly be missed by many. What an amazing man we are all so fortunate to have known. Praise God that he knows the Lord & we will all be together again some day.

McCrakensx4 said...

So sorry to hear that. I am glad that he will be with Jesus soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Joel was a tiny little guy...of course at 3 weeks, probably wasn't walking...ya know.
Sorry to hear about your doctor. At least you know you will see him again.

LisaShaw said...

Lisa, I'm so glad that you had a chance to see him and to find out that once it was time for his journey he would be going back to the LORD. Praise God.