Thursday, January 8, 2009

Go Michigan Capitals


Well tonight I got to catch two periods of the Michigan Capitals shutting out the Allen Park Huskies 7 - 0 at a game on our home ice. I have not seen a game since I can't remember when because of my parent's health.
Watching the MC beat the APH is rather enjoying. Half of our team is a break off from Belle Tire and half of the APH team is a break off from Belle Tire....so you could say the team split and the girls play very mean. Our girls by far have more skill so AP tends to get rough. Adrienne was tripped and bumped and she took it with true sportsmanship. She has skill and she will not fight back unless she has really been hurt. Our girls dominated the game so of course the other team was mad, we thought for sure there might be a brawl afterwards but that is "hockey"!
We are getting ready for the Golden Blades Tournament which our team hosts at our home rink. Last year when Adrienne played for Belle Tire they were the Champions of the tournament....Good Luck to all teams next weekend. May the best team win.

8 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

Good luck, have fun and be safe!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Yeah Capitals! That is an awesome win! Good luck next week.

More Than Words said...

Oh how exciting!! I would be totally nervous watching my kids play hockey!! It seems so intense!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Go Adrienne! I am so glad they are doing well!

I did get your email. I am praying for you my friend! Hang in there! God isn't finished with us yet!

Debra Kaye said...

You go Adrienne! Lisa, I'm so glad you got to see her play! Awesome, my friend. I'm praying for you and your family!

Blessings to you!

momstheword said...

I always got so nervous watching my son compete because I knew he wanted to win. I don't know how you do it!

You have been under stress with your parent's health and that can affect our energy levels (not to mention motivation).

The times when my parents were in the hospital so much I had such trouble keeping my home picked up since I was so rarely in it.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Great Job!!! Wow! It is fun and exhausting to watch the games isn't it?

Denise said...

Good luck, love you.