Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday


I have always wanted to post a "Tackle It Tuesday". Today I tackled quite a bit and I decided to blog about it.
First thing I did was take down my Christmas decorations and organize them in the attic. In the process, I got 3 boxes of things together for the Salvation Army and made a trip there.
Second, I took my mom to the dentist and then to have lab work done and then to Meijer because we both needed groceries.
Third, she helped me fold about 5 loads of laundry--that Tito did : )
Fourth, I made an awesome dinner of steak, baked potato and corn. I did not have time to eat today so it was "delish"-- Joel looked at me and said, "Mom this is soooooo good!" he even dragged out the soooooooo.........
It was a productive day in 2009 none the less, my resolutions were fulfilled today and I am happy. The resolutions being getting more organized, giving things away I don't need and having more "family healthy together" dinners. Everyone always has so much to do in the evening and for two nights we have sat at the table and eaten together and all have enjoyed it.

6 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great day. That is awesome for you! I love it when you feel so accomplished at the end of a day. Feels good!

Debbie Petras said...

You should feel good about that. I still have my Christmas tree up with all the decorations. With all that you've had on your plate, I'm impressed. Can I come to dinner at your house? :)

ann said...

I always wanted to do a "Tackle It Tuesday", too! I never felt that I accomplished anything big enough to warrant posting about it, so I haven't. The "delish" (one of my favorite words!)meal sounds great! It's always so much better when the eaters enjoy it. It sounds like you had a great, productive day. May God's blessings rain down on you all year!

momstheword said...

You rock, girlfriend! I am afraid I haven't been quite as industrious with my day.

I did make a lasagna and am waiting for it to come out of the oven though!

Re: your comment: that's funny. Yes, you could do that!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Sounds like a great day! Definitely something to be proud of! Now can you rest this evening?

McCrakensx4 said...

Sounds like a very productive day! You go girl!!