Sunday, January 4, 2009


I am so excited for this new year and so happy and thankful to God.
My dad is doing much better, after his successful surgery Friday it seemed he may be having a set back because he was so confused Saturday Night when I went to visit him. Today......he had a lot of company, about 8 people throughout the day. He was less confused and tomorrow he will start physical and occupational therapy at the hospital to get him stronger for the bovine transplant. He was moved out of the critical care unit and into an intermediate unit and his IV's were discontinued also.
My mom stayed home to rest today, she is still in a lot of pain and will be having another paracentesis on the 19th. My sister and I will be focusing more on her this week.
I am just so thankful for the peace God has given me and for the way He has held my parents in the palm of His Hands.
I have also been working on our financial budget and I have it in the budget to pay off a credit card in January and one in February. I asked the Lord to give me wisdom on how to allocate our funds so that we could get out of debt and He is answering my prayers in this area also.
For more miracle monday's click here.

14 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

PTL! I am still praying for you all.

momstheword said...

Continued prayers here too, my friend~

More Than Words said...

I'm sure it feels so good to see the light at the end of the tunnel (debt wise)!!

And I will also continue to pray for your mom & dad, Lisa!!

HUGS!

Beth Cotell said...

I am so thankful that your dad is doing better. I will continue to pray for him and your mother.

I love that you are praising God through all of this!

Beth in NC said...

That is good news Lisa. I am grateful for your peace. I know it can be overwhelming in the natural when parents are struggling with health issues.

Great news about the budget! I am proud of you!

Have a blessed week!
Beth

Davisix said...

Hi Friend! So great to catch up with you...I'm sorry I've been away so long. I am grateful to read this post. xoxox Ang

momstheword said...

Lisa, sorry, you have to go on my profile to see my email. I probably should post it on the front page. I have emailed you so go ahead and check it!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Hallelujah! I am so glad your father is doing better! I will be praying with you that you will be able to get those bills paid off!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!! God is so good and I am so glad to hear your dad is doing better! I will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Mikki said...

What a great post to read! So happy for you and your family!
Thanks for keeping us posted!

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, I'm so glad to read that he's better. Just the fact that he was moved out of ICU is great and may help with any confusion. I'll email you later. I'm still praying for you.

McCrakensx4 said...

God is good!~ Continuing to pray for everyone!

Shanita Waters said...

Hi Lisa - Thank God for prayer and thank God for answered prayer. I pray that God will continue to keep you strong and in His peace as your pour so much of yourself into so many others. I thank God for you and for all that He is doing in your life. I like the Miracle Monday theme. Mondays are a bit slow for most of us so it's good to read about the goodness of the Lord.

Blessings!
Shanita

Beth in NC said...

Hello Friend! You are the recipient of an award on my blog. Come and claim it.

Love!
b