Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My New Design Speaks Volumes To Me

I am going to be brutally honest here and not because it is a "not me Monday" post. I had a very specific reason for designing my blog the way it has been designed. When I wanted a theme I asked God to help me--show me an area that I need to work on....let it speak to me every time I see it.
I have many friends who know and serve God but I am guilty of not always putting Matthew 6:33 into practice. I do pray, I give God thanks not only in prayer and I am not ashamed of the gospel so when God has done something good for me I am the first to let people know just how good He is, but...... too many times life gets in the way. Frustration creeps in and anger erupts instead of having the fruits of the spirit take over. Checking my blog several times a day has really enlightened me on this area I need to change. I have so many obligations that fellowship with Christian friends takes a back seat or as in another case- it is a lack there of fellowship for me (Tito and I ) to take part in.
I notice some of my blogging friends pour out their inter most feelings and I guess I needed to have said this. I know God is not finished with me yet and satan always seems to rip apart the little progress I have made leaving me to feel inadequate. This, and that gentle conviction from the Holy Spirit of which I can definitely tell the difference. Now that was some great therapy....thank you friends for listening.

11 comments:

Denise said...

I love you, and your honest heart my friend.

More Than Words said...

Lisa...I think we all can relate to that. We all go through times that we feel inadequate, but that is just the lie of the enemy! Don't let him discourage you!! We all fall short, but we have an amazing God who understands that we're flesh! I don't mean that as an "excuse", but rather to encourage you!! Love you, girl!!!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

I can so relate. I get really frustrated by the distractions that take my eyes off God. Have you seen my very first blog post?

momstheword said...

It's a very pretty design and I'm glad it will be a reminder to you.

If we didn't need reminding and if we had it all together than what would we need Jesus for?

Michele Williams said...

I am so glad we have a God who understands our heart and is so forgiving
Blessings to you and your family,
Michele

Beth in NC said...

You are precious Lisa. Girl, you've had your hands full with your parents ... not to mention a family at home. I totally understand -- I feel like I'm living off of yesterday's manna sometimes and that leaves my flesh in control sometimes.

His mercies are new every morning. He knows your beautiful heart!

Love,
Beth

Beth Cotell said...

I love the new design and I love that you are going to use it as a daily reminder of something you want to work on in your life.

That's blogging for a higher purpose!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

See there...confession really is good for the soul :o)

But, seriously, I think we have all been there. It is so easy to look to man for the answers when we really need to be seeking the face of God.

I love your heart my friend! Your love shines through. I pray God uses your new blog layout to encourage you even more. And it really is beautiful...as are you!

He & Me + 3 said...

Blogging is a true encouragement. I love your new layout and I am so glad that it is an encouragement to you. Look at all these loving and supportive comments. I love these Christian women that God has placed in our lives via blogging. A true blessing.

Mikki said...

What a great honest post!! I loved it!
I too struggle with being on the computer and blogging so much. Let's pray for each other ok??

We ALL are a work in progress! PTL that He is longsuffering with us!!

Love yoU!

McCrakensx4 said...

I love your new look and new header! It is awesme! Great job!