Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Update on Mom & Pop


My dad went back into the hospital this morning and my mom is not doing well because she had to take care of him most of the night. The fluid in her abdomen had accumulated making it very difficult for her to breath and also she is very weak. My dad is very weak too and has congestive heart failure and hypertension. I am just asking all friends to pray, this has been a horrible month. I am at peace, I know the Lord is working. My sister is very stressed but she is praying and we are believing for God's will. It is very hard to see our parents suffer, they have been such good parents and I am praising God today for giving me to them--I have truly been blessed by their wonderful parenting and their example of putting the Lord first. I know He has these two people in the palm of His right hand because they have served Him and loved Him their whole lives and His word says, "He will never leave us nor forsake us"..... AMEN

10 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetie, I wish I were there to help you through these trials. I love you, and you know I am praying for your dear parents. Keep that beautiful faith, God is with you.

Unknown said...

Lisa - (I posted this in my comments to you but want to be sure you get it!)we are reading through Proverbs daily as a family. So much wisdom there - the children and I are being truly blessed!

We prayed together as a family for your parents and you!

God bless and love,
Jill

McCrakensx4 said...

Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for them. God is with you.
~Stacey

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! I will be praying for them & for you & your sister. Take heart my dear freind! You are right. God wll never leave them nor forsake them...nor will He leave you. Keep up the faith. You are doing just what you need to do!

Please do keep us informed and let us know how they are doing!

More Than Words said...

Hi Lisa,
Yes..that's right, He will never leave them nor forsake them. I'm praying for you entire family and for peace that surpasses all understanding.

HUGS my friend!
Alicia

Beth Cotell said...

I am praying for your parents and the rest of your family. God will take care of you all.

Mikki said...

Wow. So much going on for you and your family. I will be lifting you all in prayer!

momstheword said...

Yes, I will be praying for them both. It is stressful when our parents get sick but God is so faithful!

You asked me how Hannah and Sarah were and that you'd been praying for them. I think you confused me with someone else because I don't know who you're talking about! But I hope they are doing well whoever they are.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I will be praying for your parents, you and your family. I am so sorry that your parents are having to go through this. Know that I am here for you!
Love you
LeAnn

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for them everyday! Miss seeing you!