Thursday, December 4, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY-THANKSGIVING

Tito and his niece Haidee talking with her mom and dad and sisters in the Philippines.
My brother in law JP talking with Mom about Pop, he loves my parents and is so kind to them and giving of his time.






Joel and his Uncle Jeff. My sister in law Marizel and her brother Boboy.




Joel with his Kuya Ray





Joel with Grandma and Auntie








the kids talking with their cousins




the laptop, what would we do without it....lol




the family in the Philippines is in the upper left hand corner of the laptop and it is 7am on Friday there--the day after Thanksgiving








Our family had a wonderful Thanksgiving- both Tito's family and mine gathered at our house and ate a wonderful turkey with stuffing and the trimmings prepared by my sister. We even visited with my in laws in the Philippines via web cam......The hospital allowed my dad to have more visitors than allowed so me, my mom and sister, Adrienne, my brother in law and sister in law went to see him. I know my dad was glad to see them and it made his holiday more enjoyable.
I am always thankful for Jesus, for Who He is, what He has done, His word, all of it.
I am thankful for my parents, my sister and her family, Tito and his family.
I am thankful for Tito- my hard working loving best friend and husband.
I am thankful for my loving, smart, talented kids.
I am thankful for my blogging friends that pray for me and give me encouragement.
I am thankful for my job and Tito's job and everything it allows us to afford so that we can live a comfortable life.
I have covered the basics but I am thankful for so much more. I am most thankful for being able to ask God to "create in me a pure heart and re new the right spirit within me" I have been really sad but the smile on my face is not a mask, I feel God's presence with me, His peace, strength, joy, grace, mercy, love is surrounding me and I am able to press on in Faith with no anxiety because He lives and I can face tomorrow.

8 comments:

More Than Words said...

Lisa..I bet your niece was so happy to see her parents via the webcam!!!

Okay....NOW...we have more in common than we thought!!!!

Girl..I'M FILIPINO!!!!!!! I was like, "What??", when I was reading your post, and I definitely knew your in-laws were Filipino w/ a name like Boboy!!!!!!! Hahaha..you know what I mean!!

Way cool!!

More Than Words said...

Ah..Lisa, you make me laugh!!!

Yes..we will be sipping coffee in eternity w/ each other! Isn't that awesome? If we don't ever meet on this earth, we can be sure we will one day!!

I'll be the one saying, "Kumasta!!" LOLOL!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving to be spending with your family and to be able to see and talk to family a world away! That is awesome!!!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Those are beautiful pictures, Lisa! Everyone looks so happy! I am glad God has given you peace. You have a lot on your plate right now. May He continue to guard your heart and renew you.

Take care, my friend!

He & Me + 3 said...

Lisa,

What a great post. I love the webcam...that is so awesome. What a wonderful family you have. You are truly blessed. love you friend!

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, isn't technology great? You can connect with people all over the world. I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving. Your family photos are wonderful. Thanks for always sharing from your heart.

McCrakensx4 said...

Lisa, Great list and great pic. How cool that you have a web cam to be able to communicate with fam that far away! How fun! Glad that you had a good day:)

Denise said...

This was such a sweet thankful thursday post, I enjoyed the pictures.