Monday, December 1, 2008

Santa came early this year???





This year has been really tight financially because of hockey costing more than we ever dreamed and our house payment went up due to an escrow analysis that indicated we were short for our taxes. This year I was not going to purchase a new Christmas tree and I was sad because Christmas and the pretty lights always make me happy. My very dear cousin, Karen, let me borrow her little 4 foot tree and I was glad to have that and decided I would buy a new bigger tree after Christmas when they are much cheaper.
When we got home from Pittsburgh we had a note and a huge box on the porch. The note read:
"Porcalla's put the little tree in your family room. This one is for the Living Room
xo Santa".
The kids and I were so excited we put it up right away and plan to buy a pretty star for the top. I have a very good idea on who this Santa is and no doubt our Lord saw our hearts and wanted to bless us and He used my precious cousin Karen.
My mom and dad are doing okay, I know the Lord is not finished with them yet. I told my sister next year is going to be a wonderful holiday and both of our parents will be with us (alive and well ) I know this because God has given me the peace that passes all understanding and He is working because I am believing. Please keep praying for them, I really appreciate the prayers.


9 comments:

Denise said...

I am so glad you got a tree. My prayers continue for your parents, and for you dear.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am continueing to pray for your parents Lisa. That is an awesome miracle. What a perfect present! You are blessed!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That's great! I will continue to pray for your parents. I pray that you guys will have a great Christmas despite all of the circumstances. Take care my friend!

Ohilda said...

Lisa,

Isn't God amazing? Another one of His Christmas miracles. Glad to hear your Mom and Dad are doing ok. Our prayers continue.

Hugs,

Ohilda

momstheword said...

Such a blessing! What a sweet cousin you have. I remember some pretty tight times when my hubby was out of work for a year, but God provided for us!

I will be praying for your parents. The one thing about having ill parents is that you are more "intentional" with them. You cherish every meeting, every moment because you never know when it will be your last.

The hardest thing was leaving because you felt like you needed to "memorize" everything about them, wondering if you would ever see them again on this earth.

I love thinking about my last day with my dad in the hospital, because we did not know it was his last day. It was just a simple day. We just had a great time showing him things on my son's laptop and he got such a kick out of it. Lots of laughter and just talking. Precious memories. He is now in Heaven with our Lord and I look forward to seeing him again.

God will sustain you through the rough times. He is faithful.

More Than Words said...

Wow, what a blessing w/ the tree, Lisa!

And I will also be praying for your parents too! Just keep holding on to Gods promises!! He is good all the time!!!

Anonymous said...

I am still praying for your parents and you are right God is not through with them yet!
glad you got a new Christmas tree!

McCrakensx4 said...

How awesome, and what a beautiful tree! Continuing to pray! Hang in there and get that star :)

Mikki said...

How fun! What a blessing! I love to hear how God blesses people with such great friends!