Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Word On Prayer

The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective. James 5:16

I have committed to praying on a daily basis whether I am alone at home on my knees, folding clothes or working out the at the gym. At an effort to not be wasting my time and energy I have sought ways to make my prayers powerful and effective so that if I tell you I am praying for you I can expect things to happen.

I want to pursue a character of holiness, not that I am so holy minded that I am no earthy good, but a character that would reveal Jesus in me. With this type of lifestyle I can be a
blessing to others.

God has provided everything we need to be Holy as He is. Do not let the enemy make you feel that because you have made mistakes that you could never be Holy.

Value your body because the Holy Spirit lives there and we must keep it clean, we are the temple of God.

Be aware of God's presence and His attributes and copy Him. Live by the Spirit, ask Jesus to help you attain and maintain the fruits of the Spirit. ( Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self Control )

Be loving and merciful to everyone, be God's Hands extended.

Stay on the path of obedience, obey the 10 commandments. When you are tempted to sin ask the Lord to convict you so that you may avoid sin or ask forgiveness immediately.

Be like Jesus, talk with Him, meditate on His word, find reasons to praise Him ( that will not be hard) in everything give thanks. Be so in touch with Him that His goodness will rub off on you.


These are things I have learned from reading Stormie Omartins book, The Prayer That Changes Everything.

I pray that you will be blessed and informed by what I have shared today. We are living in the last days and God has stirred up my spirit and has directed my path in such a way that the rest of my days on this earth are going to focus on winning the lost for His Glory.

12 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

I pray everywhere and anywhere whether it is at home, in the shower, driving or standing in line. If I have to wiat, then I usually am praying!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Hi Lisa! I found your blog through LeAnn and wanted to come visit. I absolutely love this post, there is so much power in praying. This was a very encouraging post for me today as I head off to teach!!

Blessings,
Alicia

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Sounds like a prescription for a grateful heart. I am sure that he appreciates all your prayers and all of us are praying more since the election...wink wink!

More Than Words said...

Amen to that post!! Girl, you are on fire!! I'm glad I found you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a heartfelt post. I pray everywhere and anywhere, a lot of times it's while driving in the car yes, with my eyes open :)

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great thoughts, my friend! May we not forget how much power there is in prayer. We often say "all I can do is pray" like it's a last ditch effort. But we should do it first, remembering that it is the best thing we can do.

Have a great WFW, my friend!

He & Me + 3 said...

Communication & communion with the Father...what could be better than that. He is such a good listener and always there when we need him. I am so thankful that I can pray to him whenever and wherever.

Debbie Petras said...

Your desire to grow in your relationship with the Lord is so evident in this post. I have found that when I quit trying to control my life and submit to the HS leading, then He can work through me. God bless you.

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

Powerful post, sweet friend. Today while Jay was in surgery I prayed and prayed...amazing peace. And when I got home I had so many friends who had prayed...again, amazing peace.

Thank you for this post! Blessings to you today!! ((hugs))

Denise said...

Sweet blessings to you.

Amydeanne said...

lisa, what a great post.. i often pray while i'm doing laundry or driving .. we need to!

(btw, love your header your kiddos are adroable!

Ohilda said...

I, too, pray everywhere I'm at. Doesn't matter what I'm doing. I also love Stormie Omartins's books, especially The Power of a Praying Wife.

Hugs,

Ohilda