Wednesday, October 1, 2008

II Chronicles 7:14


"If my people will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from Heaven and heal their land."
I have made a commitment to start praying every single day whether it's when I am exercising or after I put the kids down and I have quiet time. I am trying to do as my dear Grandmother taught me---pray without ceasing. I am seeing things happen and my stress level has decreased. Good things are happening to the people I am praying for. My sister received some unexpected money in the exact amount she was short for her bills. Our elementary school that they have been wanting to tear down for the last 5 years just might remain open in order to house all of the kindergartners for all day kindergarten. I never pray for Adrienne's team to win a hockey game, but I do pray for speed, strength and accuracy when shooting at the net and she scored in the last tournament. My son started middle school and he had difficulty in elementary school, this boy has brought home all A's and one B so far.
These are just a few examples of answered prayers, I talk to God just like I talk to a friend, nothing fancy I just know He wants to hear from me.

1 comments:

Deanna said...

I love that part where it says He will heal "their land". I like to think of my land as my little space where my house sits and my family lives. God has done some healing for our healing. He has definitely done great things!