Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Toot.



Emily started piano lessons again today. We tried this when she was 5 but she was not interested. She enjoyed her lesson today and I am so excited. She has a nice strong voice and when she does not know I am listening she can really belt out a song. She needs piano to develop pitch control so voice lessons will be in the very near future. I have a 2 fold purpose for getting the kids involved in music. One reason being it is great for intelligence, chemical reactions in the brain occur during piano practice that actually leads to increased intelligence and if you have ever played the piano, as I have for a short period of time, it takes extreme concentration and you can almost feel the brain cells developing...lol.
Also, I would like my children to use their music to the Glory of God.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

good for her. i am glad that she enjoyed it this time! my mom is a music person and i think my daughter is getting that from her!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great Blog! I used to play the piano. Maybe I should take it up again, so I can develop the cells that i lost while having children. LOL!

PMKU said...

That's great! We've tried to get our son to take piano lessons but he won't go for it.