Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I believe prayer changes things.


I have been praying yesterday and today because I think my mortgage company has made a mistake. I received a property tax delinquency notice of $3900.00. This has to be a mistake on the part of Washington Mutual because I have had my taxes included in my house payment for the last 15 years and now they are telling me that I need to pay attention to my closing documents. Well, I said, "this is not McDonald's and I have a career where I must pay attention and this is your career and you should be the one to be accountable when you told my husband and I that our house payment includes taxes and insurance. Please be in prayer for me, my house payment will now go up to cover the taxes that are delinquent, however; I am not done trying to figure out where the money went when the current monthly payment on the house is suppose to have included the taxes. If anyone has had this happen to them would you please let me know what happened?

4 comments:

Denise said...

Ouch dear one, my prayers will be with you.

He & Me + 3 said...

The devil knows that you are trying to glorify God in your finances by following Dave's plan, this is just a speed bump. Everything works to good for those that love God and are called according to his purpose. We are called my friend.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Well, I see this from the opposite end (maybe not that opposite) but I have been burned by this. Fact of the matter is this, when we all bought our houses it was a boom in the market. Some people DID NOT do their jobs and sometimes we have to pay for it. I certainly hope that you can find some documentation that states that you ESCROW. If you don't have that, I would put up the biggest fight of your life because think of all the great things that you could have done with $3900.00. Ridiculous! These types of things make me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Angry on the inside (deep breaths Tarah). I will be praying for you and the situation ASAP!

Michelle said...

Been there! So angry my house payment went up 200.00 dollars a month! Who has that kind of money! I was crazy mad! We now pay our own taxes! Found out that when have your taxes in with your house payment then they tack on extra to cover what might or might not be the overage!There was nothing we could do! So they are getting extra money! I will pray that it is a mistake on there part and you won't have to pay it!