Sunday, July 13, 2008

Confronting Your Faith--Today's Sermon



I am not a preacher by any means but today's sermon really ministered to me and I hope what I share will in turn minister to you and help solidify the information a little more for me.
1. CONFRONTING YOUR FAITH WILL REQUIRE HUMILITY TO ASK..MATT 8:5
How many times have you not asked God for help because you have no need, you are too proud, you believe your need is too small, you have become satisfied, you are not fighting the fight of faith, or you are in a spiritual coma. I am guilty of more than one of the above, I am satisfied with where I am and how I feel because I see so many people worse off than me. But I realize that my little concerns are important to God and He wants me to ask for help so that I can confront my faith. I can trust Him to hear my plea for financial wisdom and healing from my aching back. Just like the Roman Centurion Soldier who cared enough for his servant to ask God to "just say the word" and his servant would be healed. God was astonished with the Centurion Soldiers faith.
2. CONFRONTING YOUR FAITH WILL REQUIRE A PERSPECTIVE FOR RESULTS. MATT 8:8
This Centurion soldier I spoke of in point 1 understood authority as a soldier. Centurion means to have at least 100 people under your authority and in God's word it tells how the Centurion said that he can tell a man to go and he goes.... He can tell a man to come, and he comes. This Centurion had no legal right, royal bloodline as a Jew, faith training, or credentials, he just believed and confronted his faith everyday. He made a request and he believed it would be answered.
3.CONFRONTING YOUR FAITH WILL REQUIRE LIVING OUT THE CONVICTION. MATT 8:10
Without faith it is impossible to please God. God was so pleased by the Centurion Soldier's faith that He answered his plea to heal his servant in one hour. God said, "I have found no one with this great faith." Along with possessing faith, we need to live a spiritual life, many will come into the family of God from east and west, many who are not of the royal heritage will exercise their faith, they were supposed to believe but didn't and they will be cast aside into darkness, weeping and gnashing of teeth---this is HELL my friend and it does exist or God would not have spoke of it so much in His Word. When we die we do not just go into a non existence. Our soul will go to Heaven or Hell. We go to HELL for an eternity if we do not ask Jesus into our hearts and to forgive us of our sins.
God has many miracles, humble yourself and ask Him for help, expect results and live out your convictions of faith by CONFRONTING YOUR FAITH.
sermon courtesy of: Rev. David L. Horton pastor of Living Faith Chapel.

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I missed the last point because I had to relieve my mom so she could play the piano. Thanks for sharing that point. The last few sermons have been really to the point and hitting home.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

awww...I missed it. We are studying hebrews....really great book that I never paid much attention to. Thanks for the pointers. I really need a lot of reminding these days.