Sunday, June 1, 2008

Where do you grocery shop?

I am very seriously looking at the responses to this poll because I am tired of Meijer. I can't stand the "one stop shop" it is too big and they have 28 lanes in the store to check out and you are lucky if they have two of them working with employees. Of course, you could always scan and bag your own. Well, last I checked I was not an employee of Meijer and it looks to me like they need to hire.
The bags too are so paper thin my mushrooms broke through the bag and I have broken glass and mushrooms on the porch. I will need to clean them up tomorrow because right now I am exhausted and miffed with my shopping experience. I go grocery shopping very late in the evening to avoid crowds and get done quicker. I really do miss the corner store, remember Chathams???

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love Meijers. I shop the Taylor or Southgate one. Southgate seems to be the best to me. Sorry you had so much trouble. I don't usually have any trouble.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

OK, so I am not the best one to ask but it sounds like MiMi loves Meijer. I love Meijer but they do not have it here so I shop at Target...we also have this really great place called Byerlys. They have the goods! Freshest fruit, meals prepared when you walk in the door....check it out @ www.byerlys.com

He & Me + 3 said...

I do miss IGA & Piggly Wiggly:) Such a cute Pig. Virginia has this awesome store called UKROPS...boy do I miss the south.

Lisa said...

Thank you girls for your input. Meijer vindicated themselves today because I went there to see the manager for a refund on my broken mushrooms and she gave me an additional $5 gift card because I mentioned my shopping horror.