Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy 77th Birthday Mom

My mom must have said at least 6 times today that this was the best birthday. My sister and I and Joel went to breakfast with her at Kate's Kitchen. From there we went to pick up an edible floral basket made of fruit that my sister got my mom for her birthday. Then we went to AJ's band concert, which was fabulous, my mom was just so excited to be there and see old friends she used to work with in the school system. Then we came back to my house for American Idol and cake and ice cream.
Tomorrow my mom's day will be much different she is going to be having tests done and procedures and I am thanking God He kept her stable to be able to enjoy her birthday because tomorrow she will be back to attending her health issues.....UGH! I know many of you are praying for her and I do believe that is why she had a very good day today and tomorrow things will be addressed that should make her life easier and longer Lord Willing.



AJ at his concert.

The birthday party after the concert.

The edible floral basket.....ummmmm! Anita excellent choice.

My precious Mom & Pop

Emily playing the piano for Grandma and Grandpa.

Joel in his favorite spot...PaPa's lap.
A truly wonderful day I am praising the Lord for.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to her!

She is in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Laura

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

what a wonderful day!
oh and hey -Love the new blog look :) :)

Denise said...

So glad she enjoyed her day, praying for her and you always. I love you my friend.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great Birthday! Happy Birthday Ruthie! We love you! Praying that her procedures go well.

Andrea said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your Mom's special day with us...blessings, andrea

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Sounds like a great day! I hope the tests go well today and the doctors can come up with some answers. Hang in there my friend! It doesn't sound like God is done with your parents yet.

BTW, I am way behind on blog reading. I am trying to catch up. I am realizing I missed your blog makeover. It's beautiful! I love it! Take care my sweet friend. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

LisaShaw said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Mom and Happy Anniversary (today) to you and your husband. God bless your beautiful family.

More Than Words said...

Oh, that's wonderful, Lisa!! I'm so glad that she had a wonderful birthday with you guys!! I loved all the pictures!!!! God is good!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birtday to your mom!!;)

Have I told you your page looks great!! I forgot that I didn't grb your new button.