Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Today is a Wonderful Day.

I am so thrilled this morning to be able to tell everyone that my dad is being released from the geriatric psychiatric ward at the hospital and being taken back to the nursing home to continue getting stronger and gain weight. He has done a 180 degree turn in his health and I praise God for every bit of it.
I am continuing to pray that he gets strong enough to get the aortic valve replacement and that he would have TOTAL healing of his mind and come back to a life better than he and my mom had before. God is able. I think we are living in the lasts days and the Lord has used my dad several years in the ministry to witness and pray for people and I just do not feel his work on earth is done yet. My parents illness has reminded me of just how good our God is and how having faith in Him and relinquishing our control over to Him can put our fears to rest.

11 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

what an awesome answer to prayer so far...See you in a bit!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Amen, AMEN!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great news, Lisa. I'll continue to pray!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! I am so glad to hear that! I just pray he gets stronger and stronger!

LisaShaw said...

PRAISE THE LORD!

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, I'm so glad to read this latest news about your dad. He will do better in a more familiar environment too. Hugs to you.

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

Oh Lisa that is wonderful news. I am so thrilled. May your dad continue to thrive!! God is good. \o/

Mikki said...

Yea!! What an awesome day!!

Denise said...

Praise God for such wonderful news, love you.

More Than Words said...

Oh, Lisa..what an awesome praise report of Gods faithfulness!!!!!

Yup..I agree..we are so in the last days!!

Beth in NC said...

Hey Friend! I AM SO FAR BEHIND ON MY READING! I've been gone a lot this week. I am so glad your Dad is getting stronger! Hallelujah! Your little talk gave him HOPE.