Saturday, March 14, 2009

The kids visit Grandpa




The kids got to visit Grandpa today and I think it was great therapy for him. He is eating more each day and I am encouraging him to get well soon because there are people that need him to pray for them. He also must have work yet to do to further God's Kingdom because I do believe if this were not the case he would have gone home already. It really breaks my heart to see him in this bad shape but Tito reminds me that it is the aging process and that is the way it is. I am so glad to know there is Heaven and when we go there we will get a new body. AMEN!
My dad also prayed for Adrienne and her big game tomorrow. He prayed that "her efforts would put her in the winning circle once again and we would give God all the glory."

7 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

So glad to read that your children brightened your father's day. Nothing like the love of grandchildren. It's hard to watch this process Lisa. But you're doing all the right things by being there for him and having your kids spend some time with him too. Only the Lord knows when He will take him home.

He & Me + 3 said...

That is so great that all the kids got to visit Grandpa. How nice, and I am glad that you are documenting all the wonderful visits. So cool that he prayed over Adrienne and her game tomorrow.

Denise said...

I love the picture, your kids are so good for your dad. I love you.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great picture! I'm so glad to hear that about your dad. I pray he continues to do better my friend.

Can't wait to hear about Adrienne's game!

LisaShaw said...

What a beautiful time for both the children and their Grandpa to be together. My Grandpa who is with the Lord and with my Grandma, is and always will be my hero.

May the LORD continue to use your precious Dad in all the ways He is.

Bless you.

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

what a sweet sweet man. Praying for your family ..Good luck Adrienne!!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a nice afternoon! I hope that my boys will be able to see Nannie when we come home this summer. What a nice picutre of him and the grandkids.