Sunday, March 1, 2009

A great day for my Dad.





My dad had special company today. My Uncle Mike came to visit with my dad with his son Michael, (son-in-law) Rich, daughter Gwen, son Brian and (daughter in law) Lisa. Gwen made a delicious dinner and my dad actually ate some of it. My dad also had a smile. I am so happy our family spent the evening with us and brought dinner, how nice that was.
Inside Wyandotte Hospital there is a mural that my cousin Gwen, who is an artist, actually worked on.
I was able to go to the visitation for Dr. Zara. They had many collages and Joel's picture was up there. They also had his lab coat on a manikin with a stethoscope around the next with tongue depressors and pens in his pocket.....how clever. I noticed Joel stuck out his lower lip in sadness when he saw Dr.'s lab coat.
One line of a poem with his picture on it said, "be sad for little while but let me go."

14 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Glad to hear that your dad had a great day! I am still praying for you and your family!

momstheword said...

Oh your precious little boy. I know he'll miss him.

So glad that your dad was able to smile and enjoy his day. These are precious times and memories that you are making. So glad you're taking pictures. I would love to see you post a picture sometime of your dad when he was younger and was raising you.

Beth in NC said...

I'm glad your Daddy had a happy day. I know that blessed you Friend!

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad your dad had a great day and that you were able to go to the visitation. Love all the pictures you are taking of your dad with all his family. Such great memories for everyone.

Denise said...

I praise God for letting your dad have such a great day my friend, I love you.

Anonymous said...

Glad your dad had a great day today.

McCrakensx4 said...

What a nice day for your dad. I am sure it brightened his mood and made for a nice time. Still keeping him and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

Praising the Lord with you for this day with your Dad, my friend. And praying for your continued strength.

Love you, my friend.

LisaShaw said...

Sweet Lisa,

I'm thankful that your Dad had a good day with the family.

God is good.

Love you. Stay encouraged in the LORD.

More Than Words said...

Oh Lisa..how awesome that they went and spent time with your father! I can imagine how lonely it is to stay in a hospital, and then to have visitors!! Huge blessing, I'm sure!!

Oh...and your doctor..I was so glad to read that he was saved before he left this earth!!!!! I love that last line of that poem!!!! But..it will be only temporary, right?

HUGS LISA!!!!!!

Debbie Petras said...

I'm so glad your dad had a good day Lisa. Nothing like good home cooked food to get a person to eat. Very talented cousin you have there. And what a tender heart your son has. Just like his mom. :)

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Lovely pics with Family and great memories for you to keep forever!!! Also, really sad about Dr. Zara and that Joel actually understands what is happening...they are so smart arn't they?

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Glad to hear your dad had a good visit. I love that line. May we remember that when we miss our loved ones who have gone on before us.

Take care my dear friend and know that I continue to pray for you.

Mikki said...

What a wonderful post! So glad to see he had such a wonderful day!