Tuesday, February 10, 2009

An Update

I am writing this post to give everyone an update. My dad went to the ER 5am this morning he was very disoriented. The kids and I slept over there because our furnace is broke, another expense. Anyway, the paramedics came and poor thing he did not want to go but we sweet talked him into it. Our mom just cannot take care of him and it is impossible for my sister and I to be available 24/7.
I just want to thank everyone for your prayers. I feel the presence of the Lord and I am at peace. It is very hard not to shed tears profusely as I see my dad spiraling downhill with this horrible dementia/Alzheimer's. My mother and sister have broken down a few times and so have I but I am feeling the Lord carrying us and I know it is because I have sweet friends interceding for us. Thank you so much, I am off to the hospital now. I love you all.

7 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, I am praying for your dad and family. But most of all, I'm praying for you. You have such a huge heart of love for your family so I know how hard this must be. The Lord will provide what you need just when you need it. I'm learning that myself under different circumstances. But just take each day and sometimes moment by moment and trust Him for all you need. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so sorry that you are having do go through something like this. I know it's hard to see your dad the way that he is, but you just have to be strong for your dad and your mom and God will take care of the strength that you need to get through this.
Love you and let me know if I can do anything even though I am miles away.

Andrea said...

Praying for you and your family. Andrea
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com
http://arise2write.blogspot.com

More Than Words said...

Oh Lisa..I'll be praying!!!!! We're here for you!!!!!

HUGS!
Alicia

momstheword said...

I will be praying for him. It is difficult to watch them lose a part of themselves. My brother has good and bad days but it's really hard for my sil as he feels so safe in his room and sometimes doesn't want to leave it.

Also, he asks her the same questions over and over and over. Sometimes he gets really, really mean. It's not him. It's the altzheimers.

He & Me + 3 said...

Lisa,

You know I am praying...I hope to see you tomorrow so we can walk and talk.
XO,
Mimi

Denise said...

I love you, and I am asking God to keep His arms tightly around you.