Monday, February 16, 2009

My Dad had special company today.



We had a scare today. About noon my dad's nurse called and told the family to come to the hospital my dad was "acting different". Hearing, "family come to the hospital shook everyone up, so bad I didn't even think to ask about his vitals. Anyway, we got there and he was not responding, he just had a blank stare and said, "I am dying". Myself, my sister, my mom, brother in law, nephew and Joyce ( our pastor's wife) were all there trying to get him to speak and eat. Well, then a special visitor was invited, Callie his dog and man's best friend. Here are some photo's we took and I am so thankful to have them. My dad is stable now though very weak and no appetite. For now his surgery is a no go..we will be looking for a good nursing home to place him in because my mom just can't take care of him.
We were there all day and so was the dog. How nice Southshore Hospital allowed my dad to have his best canine friend present. Oh, how it perked him up. I have no idea why his condition went so bad so fast just before he was set to have a surgery that could postpone his life at least another 5 to 10 years, only God knows that and I trust His judgement.

21 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh Lisa, these pictures made me cry. God bless you and your sweet Daddy. The only picture he smiled was with his doggie.

Wow, you and Anita look like twins!

Praying for you!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Praying for your family.
Love you guys!
Laura

McCrakensx4 said...

Lisa...Praying for you, your dad and the family. May you find peace and comfort in our God.
XO~Stacey

Mikki said...

Oh Lisa, what a special moment. We used to take our dog to visit at the nursing home in MD. The always loved it when we came by. So happy that you all were able to share in this moment.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Lisa, you all remain in my prayers. I'm so glad you had this day together.

ps: You and Anita definitely DO look like twins!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

OH what precious pictures! I can definitely see the resemblance between you and your sister. Praying for you and your family my friend! Hang in there! I hope you guys find an excellent home for your dad. I am sure finding the right one will be a relief.

Take care my friend!

momstheword said...

It's always a scary thing when you get a phone call like that. I am so glad you are resting in the Lord. He is faithful and will be your strength.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all and I love the pictures of the sweet memories from today.

He & Me + 3 said...

Lisa,

I am praying for your parents.

Denise said...

Pass the kleenex, I am crying over this beautiful post. I love you.

More Than Words said...

Oh Lisa.......(((HUGS)))!!

I just love the picture of him petting his dog! He looks so happy in that one.

I'll continue to pray, my friend!!

Andrea said...

I sit here in tears. I am the owner of 3 therapy dogs and I witness this reaction at least once each week and it still touches my heart to watch GOD work through our furry friends. Tell your Dad he has furry friends in Va praying for him. Sitka, Nanuq, and Trouble will add him to our family prayers. GOD bless you on your journey. andrea
http://andrealuvsallgodscreatures.blogspot.com

Beth Cotell said...

I'm praying for you all.

Angela said...

"I have no idea why his condition went so bad so fast just before he was set to have a surgery that could postpone his life at least another 5 to 10 years, only God knows that and I trust His judgement." This really touched my spirit. All of it did, but this firmly touched me. What a beautiful day you were all able to be blessed with. ((((hugs))))

BeLoVed AiMeE said...

aw he looks so happy to see his doggy friend! prayers for you hon xoxoxo

mama's smitten said...

Praying for you and your family.

Debbie Petras said...

Oh Lisa, I'm sorry he's taken this turn. But I'm so glad the hospital allowed his little doggie a visit. It's amazing how people respond to animals. Lisa, I'm praying for you and your family.

LisaShaw said...

My arms just went around you and my prayers just went up to our Abba Father for your precious Dad and your family.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family.

Michele Williams said...

We are lifting your dad in prayers now... and the rest of the family as well. May you and your family have peace and comfort. Great pictures... thank you for sharing....

Candid Carrie said...

Beautiful post, absolutely beautiful.