Friday, January 2, 2009

Praise The Lord

I am so happy to report that my dad's procedure went better than Dr. Hanzel even expected. A normal aortic valve has an opening of 10mm, my dad's was <.4mm that is very very small. They were able to stretch his opening to 1.1mm which was more than Dr. Hanzel expected. My dad is recovering nicely and our next step will be to rehabilitate him to better health so that he may have the bovine aortic valve transplant. His next step will be to have the bovine valve passed through his artery and it will be telescoped within his old calcified aortic valve.
Thank you all so much for the prayers. My dad is stronger already just having that opening opened up, things will only get better as he gets stronger and blood is allowed to pump more efficiently.

Psalms 9 1-2
"O Lord, I will praise you with all my heart, and tell everyone about the marvelous things you do. I will be glad, yes, filled with joy because of you. I will sing your praises, O Lord God above all gods."

11 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

Praise God Lisa...He is good all the time!

Ronda's Rants said...

Thank you God! May he continue to get better and stronger everyday!

More Than Words said...

God is good!! He is the greatest physician!!!

So happy to hear this, Lisa! Rejoicing with you!

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

This is just awesome news! Praise the Lord!! I'm praying for you guys!

Happy Friday, my friend.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

That's great Lisa! I am praising God with you! He is so good!

Mikki said...

Oh so happy for you. Yes Praise the Lord!!!

Kelly said...

So glad your dad is doing better!! Have a great weekend!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Lisa,

That is awesome news. I pray that the recovery is speedy too!

momstheword said...

Praising the Lord with you, my friend!

Beth in NC said...

That is so wonderful Lisa. God bless your sweet Daddy and give him strength.

Love,
Beth

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, that was quite a small opening! Thank God for this miracle that your dad is doing well. I'm so glad to read this.