Wednesday, January 14, 2009

MOM Update


I wanted to give everyone a brief update on my mom. She had a fall last night that required 9 stitches above her left eye. We went to our local hospital which was so full we ended up taking her to my hospital and I was able to do her x-rays and assist with her CT. Her eye is very swollen and will be black and blue. When she walks for some reason she leans to the left and she has had many recent falls on her left knee.


She is in a lot of pain still with her liver and her abdomen is very large and at the last paracentesis there was no fluid to withdraw so her doctors have not made any attempt to do anything different which really surprises me being the "big" University of Michigan.

We need the Lord to give us wisdom because her doctors at U of M are not addressing her pain or the swelling in her abdomen and feet. It seems since her problem is not in the direction they have been going they are not looking anywhere else. My sister will be voicing her concerns to someone higher than her doctors at U of M today and we would like to try Beaumont Hospital because POP is doing quite well at the moment.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your family.

Debbie Petras said...

It seems that there are always challenges in life, Lisa. I'm glad that you were able to be there with your mom at the hospital. I'm sure it was reassuring for her to have her daughter being involved in her X-rays. I'm sure it was scary for her after the fall and having a daughter who knows what's going on was probably very comforting. I'll keep praying for wisdom for you and the doctors. Glad to hear your dad is stable though. Praise God for that.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

I'm sorry about that Lisa. That must have been scary. I will continue to pray for her. I pray the doctors come up with some sort of answer soon. Take care my friend! I hope the rest of your week isn't quite as eventful!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so sorry your mom fell. I will continue to lift her up in prayer and I will pray for your sister today as she speaks with the doctors.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Will be praying :)

More Than Words said...

Hi Lisa! I understand how frustrating that can be with some doctors. I'll be praying for your mom, and for all of you!! It's like we leave one trial to get into another....

Ohilda said...

Oh Lisa, bless her heart. I'm so sorry. Our prayers will continue.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Mikki said...

Oh Lisa. So sorry to hear about this. I will be saying some prayers for your family and for the doctors. You all have been through a lot lately. May the GREAT PHYSICIAN be at work this day in healing your mom!

Beth in NC said...

Oh my! Your poor Mom!

I do pray God will lead her to the doctor's who will have wisdom how to help her. I'm so sorry!

Love,
Beth

McCrakensx4 said...

Praying that your mom gets better and soon!

Anonymous said...

Ever try the chiropractor? It is not just for your back... it is healing for your whole body! Also there is a new juice called monavie which helps with inflamation... we call it God's juice because it is nothing more than all the fruits that we never get in one bottle and if you eat right you feel right. Just a suggestion... hope she is pain free soon!

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

I am praying for you as you are helping your parents through these difficult trying times.

You bless me so...to see the heart of a daughter.

Hugs to you!

Shanita Waters said...

I pray that God will annoint the hands of all that provide care to your mother, that he will comfort her and heal her if it be His will. I also pray that the Lord will give you peace throughout all this. It's such a blessing to see such a decoted daughter. Remember, God is able!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I am still praying for your mom and dad...I hope that you have peace as you are dealing with all of this as well.

Beth Cotell said...

Praying for your mom.

momstheword said...

I will pray for her. Glad she is o.k. after the fall.

Denise said...

I love you dear, your mom remains in my prayers.

LisaShaw said...

I will pray for your precious Mother now. God bless you.