Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone


We had an awesome New Year Celebration with Tito's family. When we arrived at their house we dropped the kids off and went immediately to see my dad at the hospital. It was very upsetting, when we got their my dad was very confused and half out of bed. The cardiac surgeon was performing another procedure so the resident doctors came to see us and basically told Tito and I that my dad is too confused to qualify for the surgery. They do not know my dad, that is not his usual behavior, yes he is 79 years old and at times forgetful but the long stay in the hospital attributed to his confusion. He was very restless, trying to get out of bed, shouting he wanted to go home. I was so upset I could not hold back the tears.
Now I have total faith in the Lord and God has always comforted me by reminding me of the many times He has been there before. I was also reminded of the events that led up to my dad even being taken to the "big time" Beaumont Hospital- we established some much needed connections at our little town hospital that was necessary for him to be considered to be taken there. So, when the residents told me, "he is too confused for this procedure our option is to just make him comfortable" I couldn't believe it.
I am glad I did not believe it, the surgeon met with us this morning and my dad was his old self. Dr. Hanzel is encouraged that he will benefit from the valvular plasty and this will be the bridge they need to do a bovine aortic valve replacement once he recovers from the plasty.
Dear Lord I ask that you be with my dad tomorrow. Guide Dr. Hanzel, give him wisdom and help him. God I know that you are able to heal my dad such that he will not even need the more invasive bovine aortic valve replacement. You are the Great Physician Lord and you can cause this valvular plasty to work for the rest of his life- thus not needing any more invasive surgery on his heart. I thank You Lord for the peace and strength You have given our family. I am thankful Lord of the circumstances that you caused that allowed us to get where we needed to be, we always want to ask why things are so difficult but I am learning in Your time things will happen and everything happens for a reason. I Love You Lord.
Thank You for my friends that have prayed continuously, bless them Lord I pray in Jesus Name. AMEN

12 comments:

More Than Words said...

Hi Lisa!! I'm praying in agreement w/ you! Praise the Lord that you don't have to worry about the kids either! That's totally God!!!

I'm sooooo glad I met you too! It feels like I'm looking at family when I read and see your pictures as well!!

HUGS to you and your family!!!!!

Alicia

momstheword said...

I am praying for your dad, my friend. Please let us know how it goes. I will pray for your family as well.

Loved the pictures!

McCrakensx4 said...

Praying that all goes well with the procedure and that it is life lasting. Keep us updated. Praying for you too friend.
xoxo Stacey

Beth in NC said...

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry that your Dad was confused. I know from my daily interaction with my own parents, how scary and sad it is to see him like that. I'm glad he is better now and I'm in agreement with your prayer. I didn't know they did bovine valve replacements. I'm assuming that valve is coming from a cow since it is bovine. Right? Very interesting! God is amazing!

I pray God guides the doctors hands and gives them wisdom. I am thankful that God has not given your Dad a spirit of fear, but of POWER, of LOVE, and OF A SOUND MIND in Jesus' Name.

Love and blessings sweet Lisa!
Beth

Unknown said...

Lisa - you are right - ahh resting in Him!

Big hugs to you and your family!

God is so faithful!

Love,
Jill

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Lisa, I am sorry about your dad's confusion. I can imagine that it would have been very discouraging. I will be praying about the surgery tomorrow. I am sure everything will go just fine. God has not forgotten your father and his faithfulness.

Hang in there my friend! This too shall pass for we know that sorrow lasts for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

Take care! And Happy New Year!!!
{{{Hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am praying that the procedure will go smoothly and without any comlications. I am praying for the surgeons and all the medical staff that will be with your dad during the procedure! I am continuing to pray for you and your enitre family!
Sending you a great bit {{HUG}}!

Debbie Petras said...

Lisa, I'm praying for your dad too. May this procedure be sufficient and that he would have relief of his symptoms. Your love for him is so obvious. Your family photo is wonderful!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am in agreement with you on that prayer as well. It is in God's hands.
I love the group picture with Tito's family...very nice. I almost couldn't see your little face..I had to search. Great shot though!

Mikki said...

Standing in agreement with all these ladies and their prayers for your dad.
May God the great physician be in total control and may you continue to find peace in Him.

ann said...

I found your blog through Beth's and want you to know that I am praying for your Dad and for wisdom for those caring for him.

Denise said...

I love you sweetie, joining you in this prayer for your dad.