Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday- Praise


I have been studying Stormie Omartin's book, The Prayer That Changes Everything, and it has taken me a while because there is so much good quality content that I am almost on cognitive overload when I try to read it too fast. So in an effort to absorb as much as I can I have been taking my time.
I have surmised I can look at praise two ways: I can praise God for who He is, I can praise God for everything He has done, everything He has created. I do give him praise for EVERYTHING. I even thank Him when I get a close spot at the grocery store and I thank Him when I know if it were not for His mercy and protection I could have had a motor vehicle accident. So I guess I praise Him from the very least to the very greatest and everything in between.
I did not realize the importance of praising Him:
When I experience fear, anxiety and discouragement.
When I am troubled by negative thoughts and emotions.
When I become sick, weak or injured.
When I struggle with doubt.
When I don't see answers to my prayers.
When I have problems in a relationship.
When I need to forgive.
When I see things going wrong and I feel powerless.
When I long to know God's Will.
When I seek breakthrough, deliverance 0r transformation.
When I need God's provision or protection.
When I fight temptation to walk in the flesh.
When I am attacked by the enemy.
When I suffer great loss, disappointment or failure.
When I sense that all is well.
Psalm 130:7 "I'm going to praise God whether I feel like it or not, and no matter what is happening. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and don't forget all He has done for you". Psalm 103:2
Praising and worshiping God in the hard times keeps the lines of communication open to Him, when we offer everything we have to Him in praise, He then offers everything He has to us in love. Praise is the prayer that changes everything.
This book is very deep and loaded with scripture, I highly recommend it!

10 comments:

Daphine said...

Beautiful post! I love Stormie Omartin. I'll have to add this to my list of books to read in the future. Thanks for sharing!

momstheword said...

Beautiful post. It is always good to praise God. Our enemy cannot work in an atmosphere of praise. Praise changes us, and it's what we were made for.

BTW, right now I'm going by momstheword so that's fine!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post Lisa, I am always so touched when I read your TT. I love Stormie Omartin I read and did her study Power of a praying wife.

More Than Words said...

What a wonderful post, and a great reminder to praise Him regardless of our situation!!!

I need to check out that book! I have Power Of A Praying Wife!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Awesome Lisa...and I love Stormie too. She has an amazing story and is an awesome writer.

Unknown said...

Psalm 130:7 "I'm going to praise God whether I feel like it or not, and no matter what is happening. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and don't forget all He has done for you". Psalm 103:2

Can I just say a hardy AMEN! I love her book too!

Hugs and blessings Lisa! Love your new header!

Jill

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

I have a saying "Praise the Lord for all of His mercies in EVERY form they come"!

Each time I pull into a slot that was close at the store I used to say it and then one time I didn't get a slot so close and I decided to say it anyway...awesome! I ended up being so blessed by the person who was parked next to me.

Yes, praise Him indeed! Beautiful post my friend!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Great thoughts my friend! This is something I have had to learn the hard way over the last few years. It is such an important truth that we need to remember at all times. Thanks for sharing!

Denise said...

Such a precious post my friend, love you.

LisaShaw said...

I'm new to your blog Lisa. Your name grabbed my eye as we share it.

I enjoyed this post. I read many of her books many years ago especialy Praying Wife, Mother, etc. She's a wonderful author.

I like your blog! God bless you.