Sunday, November 23, 2008

Super Simple Sunday


I was so encouraged by Joel Osteen's sermon today. I try to never miss watching him on channel 4 at 7:30am on Sunday especially when I have struggles. Today his sermon spoke right to me.
NOT ACCEPTING THINGS AS PERMANENT

Philippians 2:13 God is constantly at work in those who believe.
We should not accept our circumstances as permanent but TEMPORARY. When we do not have faith that the Lord is going to change our situation for His Glory-we tie His hands and He tells the angels to stop working. They ask, "Why Lord?" He says because my child has stopped believing.
God promised the Israelites the Promise Land. He freed them from slavery and told them to take over the land. Moses sent in a few men to assess the situation and they came back with fear and doubt. Fear that they would be defeated and doubt that they would win possession of the Land. Consequently, they wandered around in the wilderness for 40 years.
2 Corinthians 4:17,18 These light afflictions are for a moment. Things that are seen are subject to change.
Do not form a stronghold by accepting sickness, bad marriage, not enough money....
Live with a ATTITUDE OF FAITH, be a BELIEVER not a doubter, believe that you are a VICTOR and not a victim.
It is never too late to start believing and to change your mind set. Regardless, whatever happens Christians are winners either way.
Friends, I am preaching to myself here. I have a boat load of things to think and worry about but I know God is in Control. My tears are of joy because with whatever happens, with the illness of my parents, it will be the Lord's Will and it will Glorify Him and demonstrate His compassion, mercy and unconditional love.
God Bless All of You for praying for my parents, both of them are very ill but I am comforted knowing my Heavenly Father is with me.

8 comments:

Denise said...

You, and your dear parents are very much in my thoughts and prayers. Your beautiful faith is shining through my friend, I love you.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Amen! Great thoughts this Sunday! I have to admit I have been guilty of this thinking. It is so easy to get "trapped in your thinking". Thank you for the gentle reminder this morning to not box God in!

I will be praying for your parents and you my friend! We can encourage each other that this is only temporary.

McCrakensx4 said...

Lisa, may you have peace about the things that are troubling you. Joel is amazing, I try to catch him here too! Thanks for sharing and have a blessed Sunday!

More Than Words said...

Philippians 4:8, girl!!!!!!!!

Just know that the trials you are going through are building up your character in Christ!!!

I'll keep praying for your family too, my friend!!!

Debra Kaye said...

Lisa,

I just prayed for you and your parents. God is so good. I am so glad you were encouraged by His Word today!

((hugs)) to you!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Lisa, I pray for your mom and dad...give them a big hug from Minnesota and tell them that prayers are going up...

He & Me + 3 said...

I miss seeing you friend. HOpe that you are able to get out this week. Praying for your parents.

momstheword said...

I will pray for your parents, I am sorry they are ill. That is very stressful. You feel stretched because you are taking care of your parents and your children.

We had one year where both my parents were in and out of the hospital eight times between them. My mom went to the hospital three times within a three week period this summer.

But God is faithful, and He is right there with you during those stressful times. We joke that they are going to name a wing in the hospital after my family, they've been there so much (I have a brother with terminal cancer so he's been there too). Last year my dad went to be with the Lord and my mom is staying healthy so far now.

I'm telling you this not to talk about my family but to let you know that I know it's so hard when your parents are ill. But I have always felt the strength of God's love and the love and prayers of my family and friends surrounding me during those times.

I love this verse (I have personalized and paraphrased it) "She will not fear bad news, nor live in dread of what MAY happen. Her heart is secure, trusting in the Lord. That is why she is not afraid." Psalm 112:7-8. I will pray for your family.