Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TOP TEN TUESDAY

My top 10 is taken from a book I am studying called, The Prayer That Changes Things, by Stormie Omartin.


TEN THINGS GOD NEVER SAYS:

1. "Opps!"


2. "What have I done?"


3. "How did I let that happen?"


4. "I made a mistake."


5. "It was an accident."


6. "I don't know what to do."


7. "I'm afraid of what will happen now."


8. "I can do better than this."



9. "What do you think I should do?"



10. "Why didn't I think of that?"


This goes along with my thought for the week. Everything God created is good, that means you and me and He deserves worship and praise for all of His Creations. He spoke the words and all the works came into order. He said, "Let there be....." and there was.
It occurred to me recently that I have been doing a lot of praying but not enough thanking. I thought to myself, or perhaps God told me, "I know your needs, I want your thanks, your praise". Picking up this book and reading it has confirmed that for me. When we continually focus on our needs and problems we lose sight of everything else. There are consequences for not giving God the proper respect through praise and worship. " For this is a people without understanding, so their Maker has no compassion on them, and their Creator shows them no mercy." (Isaiah 27:11) By praising God we give Him power to CREATE new life in us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-J2CbJ-fEc

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Nice one Lisa. I just Love Stormie! I am so going to have to read that. 2 of her other books are books I actually finished. Yeah me:)

He & Me + 3 said...

left you an award...go pick it up sister!