Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Surprise Visit





Tonight my Uncle Mike stopped by and I was so happy to see him. His wife, my Aunt Jane, passed away several years ago from pancreatic cancer. It was so hard on all of us. My Aunt Jane was a lovely woman, very smart and talented, she showed everyone love. I named my Emily after her because she meant so much to me. When I was 5 months pregnant with Emily my Aunt Jane passed away and I was able to tell her Emily would be called Emily-Jane. I could tell she liked that.

My Uncle Mike is an awesome piano player. AJ and Emily played for their Great Uncle Mike and he encouraged them to keep practicing their scales. Since my Aunt Jane passed, my Uncle Mike keeps himself busy practicing with his band and one of these days we are going to go hear him perform. I have heard him sing with his Barber Shop Quartet and the harmony and voices are amazing. Thank you Uncle Mike for stopping by, it is always nice to see you and hear you play ; )

1 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Awww, I love surprises! What a precious one!