Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Re cite this scripture it works.


Psalm 51:10, "Create in me a pure heart, Oh God, and renew the right spirit within me."
I love Word filled Wednesday's, when my heart is filled with the Word of God my spirit is so much lighter and I am so much happier.
A few posts back I talked about my mortgage company not paying my taxes when they were supposed to be escrowed. Well they were not, Washington Mutual mistake, and I am left with a $393 dollar hike in my house payment. I was on the phone for an hour and a half yesterday and finally discovered their error. I got transferred to several different people before one representative was honest with me and admitted it was their mistake. If I have not paid the taxes then I will do so, I must! The house payment will go up temporarily; however, God has given me the wisdom to call Discover Card and get my interest rate cut in half and I also switched car and house insurance companies and will be saving $75 dollars a month there plus the new insurance does not have a $73 dollar membership fee per year.
This whole incident with the mortgage has been very frustrating, it seems like every time you get a little bit ahead something happens. I know that the task in front of me is much smaller than the POWER behind me, keeping that scripture in mind God touched my heart with peace and the anger and frustration disappeared. I know He is in control of our everything. We just have to have faith, accept our situations and He will turn them into good.

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Love that verse!

McCrakensx4 said...

We are going thru some financial hardhip with me not working right now; and it is very hard. Thanks for the beautiful verse.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I love that verse also and I sympathize with the situation. Seems like the taxes should be going down since we can sell our house for only pennies on the dollar the land should be worth nothing...right!!!

Debra Kaye said...

What a beautiful verse ... and what a beautiful truth. I love that you can hold onto God's Word in the most difficult of situations (things you have no control over) and just have His peace.

Blessings to you sweet friend.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh Lisa, that is soooo frustrating! What can I say? "Been there, done that, have the t-shirt to prove it!" I have a magnet on my refrigerator that says "Everytime we make ends meet someone moves the ends." How true! But, thank goodness God is in control. I pray He helps it all work out. Take care, my friend!