Friday, September 26, 2008

Movin' Out

When I finished radiology school and got my first job as a radiologic technologist I got my own apartment, a brand new car and a cell phone the size of a brick. I always thought if I was unable to dial 911 and I was being attacked I could just hit the person over the head with this over sized mobile phone....lol
My first apartment was just about in my parents backyard. It was a nice one bedroom and still close to home. I knew I was ready to move out at the age of 24, I had several opportunities to move out before that and share an apartment with a friend but the quickest way to lose a friend is to live with them unless you make a marriage commitment and that I think is totally different.
I loved having my own place, making my own money and decisions. My apartment was always clean, I could have eaten off my kitchen floor. Now, with 4 kids sometimes I can't stand walking in bare feet on the kitchen floor because there may be spilled juice and crumbs.
Having had that time alone, I was well prepared to marry Tito and move into our first home with him. We have added 4 wonderful children since then and having my first apartment to myself was a wonderful experience and a cherished memory.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh I remember those huge cell phones!! Man, technology sure has changed!

Happy Friday!
:)
Becki@BlogMommas

He & Me + 3 said...

I never got to see your apartment...I am sure it was clean. Now with kids, I totally hear ya!