Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ten Commandments of Housekeeping


1. Thou shalt not try to do everything thyself--get help from kids and husband.
2. Thou shalt have a goal.
3. Thou shalt have a plan and stick to it.
4. Thou shalt not over schedule.
5. Thou shalt dream and keep dreaming until your lifestyle fits the dream.
6. Thou shalt reward thyself for jobs well done.
7. Thou shalt make housework easy to do by organizing for efficiency.
8. Thou shalt find joy in beauty and order.
9. Thou shalt not procrastinate.
10. To me this one is the most important and hardest-----Remember the family,treat them in love while you and they are changing.
These are commandments from the book I am studying, Living Organized by Sandra Felton.
I have a dream of having an uncluttered house, being debt free and weighing 135 pounds. In an effort to make those dreams come true I have started to read and study and apply what I have read. I have made great progress in our house, though not near completion, it is great because it is happening. Just getting the walls painted has helped me part with some clutter that I do not need. I am more organized with our finances also which has made it easier to get debt free. The weight, well........ when I am stressed I eat so I will be joining a weight class at my church that involves reading and studying the Bible concerning weight loss. I will share my progress because I am feeling accountable to this blog and my friends who read it.
T- and M-, You have wordless Wednesday, I have pictureless Wednesday. My room should be done tomorrow and I will take some pictures and post them---I CAN'T WAIT : )

1 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Nice Job! I should read that book. My life seems to be a little less organized since number 3 came along, but I try.