Tuesday, May 13, 2008

AJ and the SAX








Tonight we went to the 5th/6th grade band concert at THS. AJ plays the saxophone, shades of his mother, I love the sax and the piano--I am so glad to have a son interested in both. Hopefully, he will take his talent farther than his mom did.
He was able to re-unite with some old friends who also performed in the concert but attend different schools.
Joel was extremely surprised, and so was I, to hear them play, "We will, We will, Rock You." Of course, he thought they were calling Gymbo.........LOL!
Pictured are AJ with a old soccer buddy, Stephen. My good friend Lisa's two boys Ian and Evan, and Mr. K. the band director.

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

BaaaaaaaaHaaaaaaaa! I am ROTFL. That is so funny. Joel is too much! See how Gymboree affects other areas of the kids lives. Totally worth it. Summer promos are going to be good. Nice pictures of AJ too. You must be so proud.

Lisa said...

I knew you would get a kick out of that. Anita was sitting at the other end of the auditorium and called me to see if he liked that, he is always singing, "we want, we want, Gymbo," Next year AJ will have 50 minutes of band a day in shcool, is that not AWESOME. He is so excited and that 6th band that has had that 50min/a day sounded wonderful. Practice makes a difference.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Cute pics....We want we want Gymbo reminds me of when I took Jaxon to Gymboree class....a long time ago and money well spent if you ask me. He still loves music!
T